www.techingames.net - A Game Feature Tracker and Comparison Database

Thanks. I'm working at three sites over the course of this year, so things I'm picking up while developing a function for one site can then be easily reused in another.

Updated so that gamersyde videos can be embedded as well. And basically anything else that contains 'embed' in the link. Also allowed for links to be linked to Games and migrated all links to game level for now, but version specific links are still possible where relevant.

Some mostly cosmetic updates, versions are now shown next to each other if there is space, and features are sorted, so they mostly line up. Xbox One and PS4 versions get their own color, and Links are also shown next to each other. The max width has been removed so you can make the most of that widescreen monitor (or two, or three), should a game have a lot of versions. Clicking on a feature links to a short explanation (this will probably become a pop-up/hover thing, we'll see).

http://www.techingames.net/Games/Details/10

Spent some time on the graph, nicely splitting the hardware platforms. Looks nice and gives an interesting perspective: PS4 games do generally manage to stick to 1080p.

http://www.techingames.net/Features/Details/6

techingames_framerate_chart.PNG

And I made the layout more attractive for version information, with official sony, ms, and nintendo color schemes for their data (colors for the graph are still left to the game). Also added opengraph and basic (anonymous) google analytics.

Arwin, can you move the peripheral support(Dualshock Speaker, PS4 & XB1 cameras) to the bottom of the lists? Also make sure the other features are in the same order for each system. Makes it easier to compare common feature sets next to each other.

Tommy McClain

I'ld just generate the page dynamically from a database with php
thus stat order etc will be the same for every game

Arwin's database for tracking game features

It's already coming from a database. The features are also already sorted, so they only don't line up when they have different stats. But I will change it so that it will be grouped by category (controls, graphics, etc), and leave blanks where other platforms don't have data yet . It's already organized that way in the feature tree. Just have to make an efficient view to return it nicer. I will work on that today.

I've updated the OP and title (I just recently discovered that you can change the OP's title if you go 'Advanced' ... lol)

Thanks guys! And looks like I was wrong about the title - I can't change the thread title, only the OP's own mini-title. So if a mod happens to pass by ... ;)

Lol, I just noticed the Tags for this - kickstarwingate? ha ha

@Arwin

Is DF the main source of every technical detail (frame-rate, res, AA used, etc..) in the site?

@Arwin

Is DF the main source of every technical detail (frame-rate, res, AA used, etc..) in the site?

Practically. I'm still in the process of adding the sources (built that feature after my holiday in Spain, where I did most of the data-entry). The articles don't always give all details so sometimes I do a quick scan of the framerate test videos. All the newer entries list the source - the Call of Duty entry for instance shows a comment from a confirmed dev from reddit, but as soon as I have data from DF that's preferred. DF is swamped with doing the articles right now with all the big releases coming out, but they know the site exists ... ;)

And thanks for all the encouragement! I have spiced up the site a little more, and now dynamically feature the game that has a new release coming up within the next seven days, or has most recently had a release.

I still have a good list of things I wanna add ... and am already lining up performance optimisations. ;)

@Arwin

I just wish that DF won't start a database of its own.
It would be a pity.

BTW do you plan to add more data like the game' size or the surround sound supported?

@Arwin

I just wish that DF won't start a database of its own.
It would be a pity.

BTW do you plan to add more data like the game' size or the surround sound supported?

Hi,

Yes, I actually already added that information to Black Flag yesterday as I was expanding it with the info from the PS3, 360 and Wii U, including also the HDD mandatory install size for PS3. They don't track that info anymore this generation.

I wouldn't mind that much if they started their own DB, but they haven't so far and they may not need to now this is here. And I am really aiming to track much more like local multiplayer modes, PG information, anything. The idea is to get rid of nonsearchable lists everywhere and allow for some neat queries. Want a non-violent game with local coop? Want to (not) see a specific type of nudity? Heck, there could be a list of games coming out of this for all games that have a double barrel shotgun where you can play as a female avatar.

Back