Written over two years ago, was supposed to be humerous

that was just common sense combined with extreme cynicism. i mean it was pretty obvious that the bush administration was going to push in this direction, i just didn't figure the push was going to be nearly as hard. :?

In the 2000 Election:

The centerpiece of Al Gore's defense policy: anti-terrorism

The centerpiece of George Bush's: National Missile Defense

Joe DeFuria said:
i just didn't figure the push was going to be nearly as hard.

Nor did anyone.

Of course, no one expected 9/11.

well that is not exactly true, while the details are always uncertain it is not like the idea was unheard-of or anything; and we had planed defenses for such situations as well. granted things worked out far from good and sure we did not have the future written in stone for us; but i think saying that no one expected it is quite a stretch.

kyleb said:
well that is not exactly true, while the details are always uncertain it is not like the idea was unheard-of or anything; and we had planed defenses for such situations as well. granted things worked out far from good and sure we did not have the future written in stone for us; but i think saying that no one expected it is quite a stretch.

Well kyle, I can imagine any number of terrorist scenarios, including nuclear detonation.

That doesn't mean "circumstances don't change" if such a thing DOES happen.

antlers4 said:
In the 2000 Election:

The centerpiece of Al Gore's defense policy: anti-terrorism

The centerpiece of George Bush's: National Missile Defense

Just another reason why Gore should have won the election. Oh wait, he did...

kyleb said:

Nothing ever works out as well as the US expects. Which is why this "48 hour war" :rolleyes: is probably going to turn into a disaster.

Nagorak said:
Just another reason why Gore should have won the election. Oh wait, he did...

...not

Nothing ever works out as well as the US expects. Which is why this "48 hour war"

Right. Who said this would be a 48 hour war? Who is it that cautions people who belive in such things...the U.S.

is probably going to turn into a disaster.

I'm sure that's what you'd like to see, right? I'm sure you'd rather see more life lost and more problems emerge, just to be able to say the "US was wrong." Pretty selfish if you ask me.

Typical liberal.

Back