Write a 3D graphics feature for Custom PC magazine

Thanks for the comments Gnep and Digitalwanderer. Sorry to the other guys for all this off topic PSU talk :oops:

We are always looking to improve our articles. Nobody's perfect, and nobody knows everything.

The PSU test wasn't perfect, but it was the first scientific labs test done in the UK so a MAMMOTH step forward from looking at the box.

Re your comments on overall effeciency, I'll certainly look into including something about this in our next PSU labs test.

So about $1,531.25us?!? :oops:

That swings the meter over a little....

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|->
(not interested) __________________________________________ (interested)

digitalwanderer said:
So about $1,531.25us?!? :oops:

That swings the meter over a little....

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|->
(not interested) __________________________________________ (interested)

heh, that seeems about normal. although If I were writing it, being that it's on such short notice and they desperately need it, I'd be asking for around $2300 US. I don't think that's unreasonable for a lengthy, well-written article, on extremely short notice. especially if those pages would otherwise be left blank... :|

I'm still having trouble adjusting to the idea that people pay for content, but Hanners is definately starting to make a believer out of me.

I really don't think I could do this article as I just flat-out don't understand the subject well enough, but it certainly gets my old bonebox churning with some unrealized longings and greed.... ;)

It'll give me some happy thoughts to think whilst taking a nap with a couple of sick kids at least. :D

lizard said:
Thanks for the comments Gnep and Digitalwanderer. Sorry to the other guys for all this off topic PSU talk :oops:

We are always looking to improve our articles. Nobody's perfect, and nobody knows everything.

The PSU test wasn't perfect, but it was the first scientific labs test done in the UK so a MAMMOTH step forward from looking at the box.

Re your comments on overall effeciency, I'll certainly look into including something about this in our next PSU labs test.

Great :) Thanks lizard. Sounds perfect.

1) Dave Baumann
2) Xmas
3) Ilfirin
4) Deanoc
5) Democoder
6) Reverend

Now Kristof and Humus are good choices but working for a IHV may make that not possible.

I would def vote for Kristof. I think he could write a good article without getting down to company bias. Also, he has worked with SM3 but the company doesnt have a SM3 part out so I think he could do a pretty good no-spin write-up on it.

I wish Dany Lepage would write this. Having worked for NVIDIA and Matrox and now a game developer, he sure as hell out-qualifies a lot of names mentioned here. But he's too busy with SC:CT :cry:

Alstrong said:
How much bias can there be for a factual article :?:

:?
You can never include every piece of information in an article, and so bias can slip in with the ommitted information. Of course, there's also always a way to slip opinion in directly.

What sort of info would be excluded really? Ati would seem to eventually support SM3.0 anyway...

or just unintentional stuff?

everything you read, write, hear, or say has some bias on some leve. that's because we, as human beings, are incapable of being 100% objective and everything has to run through a filter we call "perception" before we can use operate on it, and everyones perception is a little to a lot different from everyone elses.

Tempted? If it were one or two months later, possibly.

But having the deadline for a project and three exams just around the corner, I don't like the idea of adding a whole semester of basically doing nothing at all ;). Not that I don't like free time, but it all comes at a cost.

Besides, although I have contributed to several technical articles over at 3dcenter.org, the only article I ever wrote myself was a mediocre game review. And considering how translating the CineFX inside article (which has just over 5000 words in English) took *ages* (at least in my memory), I probably couldn't finish such an article in time anyway.

5000 words in two weeks is a lot for someone who is not a professional writer. Programming is easier, and I could do the same money for less work :D

digitalwanderer said:
How about the Baron? He's got the knowledge, and a starving college student would be hard-pressed to pass by the cash.... :|
gwah? I'd consider it if I weren't already a week and a half behind (yay for changing majors) and leaving town this weekend. well, no, I wouldn't anyway, because I don't think I know enough. I don't program with this stuff, I just know what it does. funny how that works.

WaltC can write 5000 words a minute, never mind in two weeks.

Might be worth asking Dave Salvator of Extremetech fame. I assume he is very busy as well though.

Back