World's best looking car game *stupid smackdown thread of Sigh-Ents and Tacky-Cal

not sure if i have ever said OMG at a video game.. but .. have mercy. THAT WAS INCREDIBLE.

I have to think about the first time we saw the F1 game for PS3 with nice rain effects, or the first Motorstorm, or PGR3. In comparison, this in itself doesn't look that impressive. But what I like about this, is that we've seen the same track in sunny conditions, and in the dark etc, that everything is really dynamic and ever changing. And then, still looks very good.

I am more impressed by the sound, in comparison. It seems really great.

Is it me, or that Canada video has very light snow [branches on trees are showing slight tint of white]. Scotland video is obviously all heavy rain.

The canada clip is EXTREMELY impressive. Rain, sleet, snow... and the lighting is incredible. In fact the difference in the lighting due to cloud cover/fog and the mountain in that single view towards the end is the most impressive light work ive seen this generation.

Wow, dynamic weather, lighting and clouds... and it all looks very well done. Car shaders are also great. And I agree with Arwin, the sound is great too.

It's incredible how far this game has come. The delay was well worth it. It looks like a generational leap over what was shown last year IMO.

Wow, dynamic weather, lighting and clouds... and it all looks very well done. Car shaders are also great. And I agree with Arwin, the sound is great too.

It's incredible how far this game has come. The delay was well worth it. It looks like a generational leap over what was shown last year IMO.

check out the lighting against the barriers to the left too.. they change in reflectivity depending on the angle of the lighting... excellent.

Sony does not want to directly send their content there. Gamersyde mod said that Sony prefers YT and FB, because they have incredible presence there [Playstation is one of THE largest brands on YT].

^ Rearview mirror shows very simplified visuals...

edit - nice difference in the river on the right:
dc229usbn.gif

dc11jcsyi.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm just gonna race in horrible stormy weather all the time now:). DC is quite easily the best looking racer by a good margin.

Back