Wither Universal?

I don't see where the "screwed" comes in, it is not like the disks and/or players will dissapear.

Well if/when everybody eventually goes BRD exclusive it would be pretty inconvenient having to hold onto old hardware just to play the few HD-DVD discs you have. People will probably just repurchase them on BRD instead.

I'd really like to see Paramount and Universal trade leaving HD DVD for BDA including HD DVD support in all 2.x players available from, say, 2010 forward (i.e. roughly when you'd expect current gen HD DVD players to start dieing, yet far enuf out to let Moore's Law help you out on cost). But I'm known far and wide as a starry-eyed idealist.

I'd really like to see Paramount and Universal trade leaving HD DVD for BDA including HD DVD support in all 2.x players available from, say, 2010 forward (i.e. roughly when you'd expect current gen HD DVD players to start dieing, yet far enuf out to let Moore's Law help you out on cost). But I'm known far and wide as a starry-eyed idealist.

That would be a wonderful idea actually. I doubt it will ever happen though.

Back