Windows x64

ByteMe

Banned
Recently upgraded. Now I can't get FEAR or COD2 to play. Is it some setting? Maybe i should of stuck with regular XP. Can someone help me?

Is this the correct forumn?

windows x64 is software isn't it?
have you tried reinstalling them?

Btw it's silly to single boot xp x64 given not everything works.
Treat it as a beta os.

They both should work, but you have to install them as Administrator, otherwise the copy protection can't install properly, and you're screwed...

ByteMe said:
Recently upgraded. Now I can't get FEAR or COD2 to play. Is it some setting? Maybe i should of stuck with regular XP. Can someone help me?

Is this the correct forumn?
A lot of copy protection does things like install as device drivers - if they've not written drivers for X64, the copy protection won't work and you'll get booted. Your only other choices if you can't run in XP is to use an emulation drive or find a no-CD fix that will allow you to play your game.

Now that I think about it... I wonder if certain CD-protection technologies such as Starforce would work properly...

In any case, Vista would probably bring better 64-bit support than what will come for XP-64...

I did install as admin., has anyone else gotten them to work with x64 XP?

lol, am I gona have to download some "crack" to get my BOUGHT games working? (is that irony or what?)

Back