Windows tablets

Did you delete all the update downloads ? I also moved the recovery to a flash drive . my surface has a 14gig windows install

I have about 8GB free on my 32GB Venue 8 Pro. I did move the recovery partition like eastmen. Whether 32GB will work depends on how many big programs you need. I don't have much installed. No games. I use it for web, email, and some remote access.

It does have a microSD slot if you want more storage.

beware, the Surface pro 3 i3 is using intel Y series. Max SDP only 6 watt.

But, Microsoft has done well with their bios/firmware.
it seems they completely disabled the 6 watt SDP. So the tablet can run in full 11 watt TDP.

This makes Surface Pro 3 i3 with Intel Y series almost 2x faster than Sony Vaio Tap 11 with Intel i5 Y-series.
on Vaio Tap, the 6 Watt SDP will kick after running 11 watt for 20 seconds max.

*this conclusion i got from reading Surface Pro 3 i3 benchmark result

@discussion about disk space
it seems sony locked their recovery space. i cannot move it :(

EDIT:
how did microsoft add touch compatibility to Photoshop like in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYC5dkQlQLA

it should be like this right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKhifrhMmNg (scrolling is broken, two finger scrolling is super slow, etc)

EDIT2:
oh its still in development
http://www.imaging-resource.com/new...toshop-cc-update-at-microsoft-surface-pro-3-l

EDIT3:
doh.. adobe added touch feature for adobe CC subscibers. Older adobe user are SOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
beware, the Surface pro 3 i3 is using intel Y series. Max SDP only 6 watt.
On the surface it looks a lot better than surface pro 2, but heat / fan noise is worse
64340.png

the surface pro 3 U-series CPU also slower than Surface Pro 2. It seems Microsoft set agressive thermal throttling in bios.

should be fixed a little bit by -70mV voltage offset on CPU and on GPU.
My vaio tap 11 able to smoothly run Left4dead2 in 720p (minimum 30fps) with -69mV CPU, -59mV GPU. Some people claim they able to -90mV on CPU and about -100mV on GPU.

but because Microsoft choose to do thermal throttling rather than SDP throttling, Surface Pro 3 also should be able to run fast in air conditioned office room. Really a smart move for them to only use thermal limit. I dont understand why sony choose to use thermal and SDP limit :/

surface lines got discount from 50 to 300 dollar.
if anyone consideting to get it, it will be nice discount :)

buying tablet maybe seems useless but since i've been using vaio tap 11 for almost half a year, it is awesome for portability, mobility, productivity, and some gaming :)

I love my surface pro original . But I'm hoping by the time we get skylake in it (hopefully late 2015) the 256gig with 8 gigs of ram will be the base at $1k

What is more impressive from that link is that 99 USD Windows Tablets are coming in a couple months. Hopefully the HP ones will have a better screen.

Regards,
SB

i'd wait on buying stuff. The dell venue pro is basicly the same specs with more ram . I'm sure they will put the free windows on it and drop the price. Its a great little tablet

one things for sure ...

AMD Puma, intel atoms are all the rage for the cheap Windows 8.1 tablets... I'm glad the ARM Windows RT tablets aren't taking off, I hate that "Modern" only OS ..

MS should have always tried to allow both classic Win32 apps AND WinRT apps on ALL versions of Windows ..

And damn with the whole argument of Power/Sandboxing reasons for the "WinRT" only version of Windows .. You can still get that tight control with classic Win32 apps..

I know this is a windows tablets thread, but since so much discussion on handwriting happens here, I think I'll pose my question here as well.

Anybody familiar with handwriting on on ipad? What's the verdict? Is it acceptable with the modern styluses which have a really tiny tip?

Back