Windows 7 and Hybridpower (or AMD equivalent)

Npl

Veteran
I red that Windows 7 should enable to switch the primary output between different cards, even if they are from different vendors (Like there). Supposedly previous OSes did require all cards to share the same driver and Win7 doesn't have this restriction.

Is there any progress with this endeavor? So far the Windows 7 Enterprise Test Version just doesn't see my IGP when the GFX-Card is installed (so I cant even install a driver for it). Probably the BIOS needs support to leave the IGP enabled?

Im still dreaming of beeing able to switch between the IGP and GFX-Card, but this probably wont ever happen anyway as the 2 year old 690G (and the 1 year old 740G) are already beeing considered "legacy" by AMD and the drivers dont officially supported Win7 and anything WDDM1.1 has to offer. :rolleyes:

Vista, as far as I know, is the only Windows OS to not support multiple vendor cards due to the radical changes made to the graphics HAL.

Windows 7 more work was put into the graphics HAL to once again allow multiple vendor display cards. And yes it's possible on Win7.

Regards,
SB

Back