Windows 10 [2018]

Discussion in 'PC Hardware, Software and Displays' started by rcf, Jan 10, 2018.

1. orangpelupa

orangpelupa Elite Bug Hunter
    Legend Veteran

just my luck. Turns out a minority of people got audio issues with Dolby Atmos on Windows 10 since the last or one before the last Feature Update. And guess what? Yep, I'm included in one of those lucky few!!!

dolby atmos on windows 10
    * randomly makes BEEBBEUBEBEKKKK KKKR sound real loud
    * random audio wont play (windows notification, etc)
    * spotify cant play audio (LG CX says it didn't accept any audio). Workaround: play a youtube video on Chrome, then relaunch Spotify.

As long as spotify didn't stop playing music, zero sound issue. So now i play a playlist on loop at near 0 sound on Spotify as a workaround....

2. Davros

Legend

KB5001330 Bad Gaming Performance from Windows 10

Problems range from Vsync issues to games stuttering, frames dropping, and in some cases frequent BSOD crashes. It’s far from an isolated incident, with many comments identifying that the Windows 10 update is the culprit, and it doesn’t look like you’ll be safe on either side of the colour spectrum, either. Team green, blue, and red are all affected with a wide range of Nvidia and AMD graphics cards and Intel and AMD CPUs caught up in the mix. It looks like the issues are present on Windows 10 versions KB5001330 and KB5001337, according to a report from Computer Base. Nvidia has put out a statement on the issue, saying "if you are seeing lower performance in games, check if rolling back Windows 10 Update KB5000842 solves the issue".

Cyan, BRiT, Rootax and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rootax

Veteran Newcomer

Thx for this information.

4. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

works like a charm! Without installing any apps, any plugin, anything.

5. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

isnt that will only make the icons off center again when you open an app that was not listed/pinned?

6. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

no, no issue at all.

Every time I open an app which inst in the taskbar, it places the icon to the right and centered like the otehrs. Give it a try, you dont need to install any app or plugin, and it works.

7. orangpelupa

Legend Veteran

I'm too afraid I'll break something lol. I guess I'll make a restore point beforehand

Silent_Buddha likes this.
  8. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

hahahah, trust me that it's something built into Windows, you dont need that, but yeah, given many incidents, you grew fearful

orangpelupa likes this.
  9. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

proof (this is my desktop). Windows 10 Insider Build (Dev Channel) -did this to try Auto HDR-

[​IMG]

#289 Cyan, May 1, 2021 at 9:20 PM
    Last edited: May 1, 2021 at 9:57 PM
    pharma likes this.