Windows 10 [2018]

just my luck. Turns out a minority of people got audio issues with Dolby Atmos on Windows 10 since the last or one before the last Feature Update. And guess what? Yep, I'm included in one of those lucky few!!!

dolby atmos on windows 10
* randomly makes BEEBBEUBEBEKKKK KKKR sound real loud
* random audio wont play (windows notification, etc)
* spotify cant play audio (LG CX says it didn't accept any audio). Workaround: play a youtube video on Chrome, then relaunch Spotify.

As long as spotify didn't stop playing music, zero sound issue. So now i play a playlist on loop at near 0 sound on Spotify as a workaround....

KB5001330 Bad Gaming Performance from Windows 10

Problems range from Vsync issues to games stuttering, frames dropping, and in some cases frequent BSOD crashes. It’s far from an isolated incident, with many comments identifying that the Windows 10 update is the culprit, and it doesn’t look like you’ll be safe on either side of the colour spectrum, either. Team green, blue, and red are all affected with a wide range of Nvidia and AMD graphics cards and Intel and AMD CPUs caught up in the mix. It looks like the issues are present on Windows 10 versions KB5001330 and KB5001337, according to a report from Computer Base. Nvidia has put out a statement on the issue, saying "if you are seeing lower performance in games, check if rolling back Windows 10 Update KB5000842 solves the issue".

isnt that will only make the icons off center again when you open an app that was not listed/pinned?
no, no issue at all.

Every time I open an app which inst in the taskbar, it places the icon to the right and centered like the otehrs. Give it a try, you dont need to install any app or plugin, and it works.

no, no issue at all.

Every time I open an app which inst in the taskbar, it places the icon to the right and centered like the otehrs. Give it a try, you dont need to install any app or plugin, and it works.

I'm too afraid I'll break something lol. I guess I'll make a restore point beforehand

I'm too afraid I'll break something lol. I guess I'll make a restore point beforehand
proof (this is my desktop). Windows 10 Insider Build (Dev Channel) -did this to try Auto HDR-

fAGy4p7.png

Last edited:
how to check windows 10 lienses from microsoft account?

I remember (my memory is wonky tho) many years ago there's a nice page on ms account website where i can see everything. For example

PC A
Digital license

PC B
key

PC C
oem

and so on

it was similar to that page but with more info about the license for each devices. Maybe that was the page, but it got redesigned. Currently that page is still half broken. e.g. clicking "review" on the top right, on

Windows brand
License type
Version
Review >

brings me to "windows update" instead of windows license.

EDIT: searching for "digital" or entitle, on the source also yield nothing

Last edited:
got a Lenovo Yoga 6 convertible, have replaced it, now im on 3rd unit and all of them are unable to go to sleep (or take quite a long time to sleep) when WiFi is connected to internet. If wifi disconnected, it able to go to sleep in ~20 seconds (yes still slower than most laptop)

any idea how i can check whats wrong?

its already on the latest W10 updates, and all drivers also updated (including amd chipset driver)

EDIT

according to event viewer

• every time i pressed the button to sleep, it says
6062 - Lso was triggered

• then it do this
The system is entering connected standby
Reason: Screen Off Request.

• then it will goes on repeat doing this
7025 - Dump after return from D3 before cmd
7026 - Dump after return from D3 after cmd
7021 - Connection telemetry fields and analysis usage

repeated multiple times (the shortest repeat, they repeated it 3x)
and then the laptop goes to sleep

Last edited:
Did you stumble around in device manager settings for the WiFi device? My foggy memory wants to recall a per device setting of "allow this device to sleep" or "prevent putting this device to sleep" kind of setting. I don't know if it even applies in this situation, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Did you stumble around in device manager settings for the WiFi device? My foggy memory wants to recall a per device setting of "allow this device to sleep" or "prevent putting this device to sleep" kind of setting. I don't know if it even applies in this situation, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

found the issue after googling the logs on event viewer. Its "s0 connected standby" fault. now trying to disable it, someone made a guide to disable it here
EDIT:

yikes, there's report that some laptop got buggy S3 and will draw 1-2watts in S3 thus potentially overheating the laptop (due to fan totally off)

i guess i'll disable S0 and enable S3 via refind uefi method, then if it does fix my sleep issue, i'll put it on sleep, overnight, unplugged, with a fan blasting air to the laptop. then check the battery capacity in the morning.

Edit

ROFL

blue screen with amdmicropep error. It handles the power states, so it sees lemovo has removed s3 from their laptop.

I guess I'll just disable WiFi every time I wanna go to standby

Last edited:
Satya Nadella is teasing the new version of Windows.
I'm less thrilled with an OS that promises enabling more sales and monetisation when Windows 10 re-enables all tracking and ad promotion options with each update and bakes ads into the core OS itself. I know this was aimed at devs but even so. I don't want an OS that is aimed at "creators", I want an OS that is aimed at the user/owner. The OS should not be a conduit for devs to sell me things. That's what an App Store is for.

Hopefully they won't change much. Move some of the Settings options around, usual stuff. :runaway:

Back