will the x360 have a DVI output?

DOGMA1138

Regular
i know there is a kit that allows you to connect the Xbox to a normal monitor, will the X360 support DVI so i can hook up my 24" LCD(not LCD TV) screen to it so enjoy HD resolutions.

DOGMA1138 said:
i know there is a kit that allows you to connect the Xbox to a normal monitor, will the X360 support DVI so i can hook up my 24" LCD(not LCD TV) screen to it so enjoy HD resolutions.

so far my understanding is VGA only.

So far MS mentioned they did not plan to support digital video output. Might have changed but as it stands today, no digital video output from X360, so no DVI or HDMI. Though there is an analog version of DVI so that might work with an adapter with the VGA cable.

Weren't the other two threads on the same subject sufficient? :devilish:

I don't really see the importance of this anyway. Yeah, DVI/HDMI is cool and all, but with modern flatscreens, analog video looks pretty much as good as digital anyway, at least at medium-high resolutions (say, up to 1280-ish), where the el cheapo analog filters on the output device won't cause fuzzyness in high-res images.

Digital video would be useful in the situation where the input device simply doesn't have any free analog inputs, but other than that, it's not all that much to cry about I think.

Back