WiiGeePeeYou (Hollywood) what IS it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGN Wii: Dewy's Adventure looks to use a top-down perspective and appears very different from Elebits. Elebits was all about manipulation of objects in the environment. Does Dewy's Adventure use heavy physics in the way that Elebits did?

Mukaitoge: For Elebits, we placed a great degree of emphasis on physics. We did not focus much of our energies on the graphical presentation of the game. For Dewy's Adventure, we spent all lot of time on perfecting our graphics technology. We worked hard on our textures. We are very proud to say that we have implemented normal mapping in Dewy's Adventure.

IGN Wii: This may be the first game that we have seen with normal mapping. We weren't really sure if the Wii supported it.

Mukaitoge: Really? We used normal mapping for some of the bosses in the game. If you look closely at the trailer, you can see normal mapping on the boss character at the end.

It is subtle and it isnt much (ie not full screen) but it is there (final yellow guy), overall the game looks very nice, much better than Elebits. I wonder if there is, and if so which ones, sacrifices had been made to get it.

Plus (gfx wise?).

IGN Wii: Do you think the Wii is capable of much more on both a control and graphics level than most developers are doing so far?

Mukaitoge: I think Wii is very capable, and we can do much more with the system.

There goes more so called "experts" knowledge on the GPU going out of the window.

From GamaSutra on the GC TEV, with the new Wii effects in BOLD

* dynamically lit polygons with global and local lights specular highlights
* illumination maps
* reflection mapping
* emboss mapping (shift and subtract of a height field)
* bump mapping (per pixel calculations for diffuse, specular and reflective components)
* projected shadows
* self-shadowing
* shadow volumes
* projected reflections
* layered fog
* polynomial texture mapping
* displacement maps
* multiple texture mapping
* custom dithering
* normal mapping

There goes more so called "experts" knowledge on the GPU going out of the window.

From GamaSutra on the GC TEV, with the new Wii effects in BOLD

* dynamically lit polygons with global and local lights specular highlights
* illumination maps
* reflection mapping
* emboss mapping (shift and subtract of a height field)
* bump mapping (per pixel calculations for diffuse, specular and reflective components)
* projected shadows
* self-shadowing
* shadow volumes
* projected reflections
* layered fog
* polynomial texture mapping
* displacement maps
* multiple texture mapping
* custom dithering
* normal mapping

* normal mapping

That bump mapping uses normal mapping.

I like the fact that it was revealed on IGN that the Wii is capable of normal mapping. I like to see what Matt has to say about that. Maybe he'll some stupid claim that Mukaitoge doesn't know what he's talking about.

I like the fact that it was revealed on IGN that the Wii is capable of normal mapping. I like to see what Matt has to say about that. Maybe he'll some stupid claim that Mukaitoge doesn't know what he's talking about.

Matt loves his xbox does he? Baised juvenile twerp.

Reminds me of the time Path of Neo "had normal mapping on the PS2 version". I looked at the trailer, and it looks like mere EMBM. Maybe they're doing in in multiple passes. Either way, the TEV supporting normal mapping sounds iffy.

Reminds me of the time Path of Neo "had normal mapping on the PS2 version". I looked at the trailer, and it looks like mere EMBM. Maybe they're doing in in multiple passes. Either way, the TEV supporting normal mapping sounds iffy.

Then go view the video of the game where you can clearly see the effect being used as noted in said interview.

Matt loves his xbox does he? Baised juvenile twerp.

Not really, but I hate the guy's "I know what I'm talking about and you don't" attitude. I believe it was in this thread a pages back that someone was talking to Matt about normal mapping and Matt said he was ignorant.

Iffy? Rogue Leader on the GC had normal mapping. Wii boxing has normal mapping. TEV can do normal mapping. It's not a mystery. It can do advanced shaders as well. Take a look at my newest topic.

Not really, but I hate the guy's "I know what I'm talking about and you don't" attitude. I believe it was in this thread a pages back that someone was talking to Matt about normal mapping and Matt said he was ignorant.

Matt visits this site? What's his nick?

Matt visits this site? What's his nick?

Nah he was referencing a post made on IGN were somebody said that Matt was wrong about Wii not being able to do normal mapping ( even though several users such as myself have pointed out that there were GC games that used it along with the matrix on the ps2) and called them ignorant. Now he probably feels like a jackass.

Iffy? Rogue Leader on the GC had normal mapping. Wii boxing has normal mapping. TEV can do normal mapping. It's not a mystery. It can do advanced shaders as well. Take a look at my newest topic.

Rouge Leader had emboss. Wii Boxing has nothing that can be remotely called normal mapping. If the TEV can do normal mapping, why does it have to work alongside the indirect texture unit to produce certain per-pixel effects?

Nah he was referencing a post made on IGN were somebody said that Matt was wrong about Wii not being able to do normal mapping ( even though several users such as myself have pointed out that there were GC games that used it along with the matrix on the ps2) and called them ignorant. Now he probably feels like a jackass.

Ah I see. ;)

Embm.

Edit: Nice link. Does it have any relevance to the discussion at hand?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back