Wii: More Than Meets the Eye *Spin-off*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is another proof why Wii is a different design compared to Gamecube.

We already know that the GPGPU of wii, or gpu if you prefer, is 3 times bigger than a flipper at 90nm without embedded memory. But since the CPU didnt improve that much against the Gekko, which had a die of 43mm2 at 180nm and at 90nm would be like 10.75mm2 or more, and the broadway is 19mm2. So you can clearly see that broadway is less than 2 times bigger than gekko.

I know that power is not measured that strikely, but since the 750cl is said to be a direct shrink of gekko with more simd intructions and a litlle boost in performance, I highly doubt the power increased that much, besides, the 750cl was made for power consumpriont performance, not to achieve havy calculations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerPC_7xx
[edit] PowerPC 750CL

The 750CL is an evolved 750CXe, with speeds ranging from 400 MHz to 1 GHz with a system bus up to 240 MHz, L2 cache prefetch features and graphics related instructions have been added to improve performance.[3] As the added graphics-related functions match closely the ones found in the Gekko processor it is very likely that the 750CL is a shrink of the same processor for general purpose use. The 750CL is manufactured using a 90 nm copper based fabrication with Low-K dielectric and Silicon on insulator technology. It has 20 million transistors and the die is 16 mm2 small. It draws up to 2.7 W at 600 MHz, 9.8 W at 1 GHz.

So, since the Gamecube was a balanced system, the Wii cleraly shows that is not following the same path.

The power of the GPU or GPGPU of wii increased a lot of more than the cpu, and bandwidth didnt change that much, so, due to this is obvious that Wii is not a balanced system(in the conventional way) as the Gamecube was, which means that in order to achieve the graphics already shown in the most rescent games, something else most be going one on the system, something that the sdk´s hide.

I can't decide wether to admire or ridicule you guys for your patience with this idiot ;)

I can't decide wether to admire or ridicule you guys for your patience with this idiot ;)

I do not worry, since as there are people who are against me, there are also people who believe in me, just check the whole forum comments and you will see.

then again, as I said before, this is not the first forum I have posted.

:eek:

As you can see, your efforts are useless, sooner or later there would be enough people of the wii community who will see agree with me in order to demand quality games on wii.

I am not against 360 or ps3, but I also cant wait to much for seeing good hardcore games on wii.

This thread has made zero progress in the arguments with further pollution of the tech forum with member insults. The information is available here for all to see.

If there is someone who wishes to refute his analysis any further, please PM me and the thread may be re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back