Why the deletion?

bbot

Regular
I try to defend my viewpoint and I get my post deleted with a warning not to troll. The content of that post was to defend the idea that Sony is going to release two versions of PS3, one which is a home server version. The post had a link to another thread where an interview of a Sony (Europe) official was being discussed. In it the official admits that there will be a home server version of PS3. I wanted to point that out so I wouldn't be accused of idle speculation. And that home server on another Sony presentation slide has a processor of 4gflops. Hardly inflammatory, in my view.

No. I explained myself already. Why is being a Xbox owner being so trollish. How about being not so anti-microsoft?

bbot said:
No. I explained myself already. Why is being a Xbox owner being so trollish. How about being not so anti-microsoft?

If you really believe that your posts get deleted "because you're an Xbox owner and you are not anti-MS" then i think we don't need any more clues on why your posts got deleted.
Have fun.

What I don't get is why does the console forum fill up with so much crap in the first place.

I remember making a thread in the console forum and 5 posts afterwards it was a flame war about Sega and Nintendo I think.

It's been a very long time since I made a post there.

K.I.L.E.R said:
What I don't get is why does the console forum fill up with so much crap in the first place.

I remember making a thread in the console forum and 5 posts afterwards it was a flame war about Sega and Nintendo I think.

It's been a very long time since I made a post there.

TELL ME ABOUT IT... JUST HAPPENED TO ME...

Its a mess over there. Sonic and I try our best but there is a sony clan that doesn't like anyone saying negative things about sony and then a smaller ms crowd that doesn't like negative things about ms being said .

So its like walking on egg shells in there. I compared the psp battery life with wifi to the ds life with wifi and got thrashed even though its okay in ds threads to compare its graphics to psp graphics .

I think we need more mods

The temporary lock worked wonders.... And also the 84th ban of some members, who seem to have calmed dowqn quite a lot to be honest, although they're back.

Why not have an automatic forum lock/unlock times.

Lock the forum for a week after a month of activity.

Threads get deleted when they go off topic or they are redundant in nature. The thread was both and henceforth it was locked. Your post was edited for obvious reasons. I see no reason for jvd or I to defend our modding habits or capabilities. It has nothing to do with MS or Sony favoritism and it has everything to do with making the forum a better place for discussion. It does seem we need to do more modding in order to achieve that state.

jvd said:
Its a mess over there. Sonic and I try our best but there is a sony clan that doesn't like anyone saying negative things about sony and then a smaller ms crowd that doesn't like negative things about ms being said .
Actually, the Console forum is not what someone would call a "fanboi" nest, like others consoles forums around the globe. There's of course people, let's say, slightly touchy about Nintendo, Sony, MS, but nobody is what i would consider an awful poster.
It's true that the posters could be overly opinionated in their statements sometimes, but not enough to warrant drastic measures, like closing the whole forum, in my opinion.

On the other hand, some people, repeatedly keeps on trashing some threads, just because of their unreasoned and unfounded hate for one faceless giant corporation. Thoses are, elegantly, called the haters, and they're the real problem of the forum, if you ask me.

It's also true that some of thoses have been warned by the mods, but the forum lacks any kind of "repression" tool, like fast temporary bans, or fast definitive bans, therefore thoses posters feel free to post what they want, and by what they want i mean trolls...

jvd said:
I think we need more mods
I second that, and i'll add that the forum needs new moderators from another time zone, since Sonic and jvd are both from the US and both from the east coast.

Reverend said:
Console forum has more kids.
The sad part is that's not true... Most of the noise in the forum comes from full grown up adults...

Sonic said:
Threads get deleted when they go off topic or they are redundant in nature. The thread was both and henceforth it was locked. Your post was edited for obvious reasons. I see no reason for jvd or I to defend our modding habits or capabilities. It has nothing to do with MS or Sony favoritism and it has everything to do with making the forum a better place for discussion. It does seem we need to do more modding in order to achieve that state.

The moderator that deleted portions of my post specifically accused me of "trollling". As in flame-baiting for one's own pleasure. I was not certainly not flaming for my own pleasure in that particular thread. And anyway, in that particular post I did not use a angry tone, but tried to argue my point calmly. And Sonic, if you're saying I should haven't included that link to the thread that included those articles, because it was already discussed, and therfore redundant, then how could I have defended myself against accusations of engaging in idle speculation?

And one more thing:

Remove me from the member list because I don't want anything to do with this website's forum anymore and you can tell Dave Baumann too.

bbot said:
And one more thing:

Remove me from the member list because I don't want anything to do with this website's forum anymore and you can tell Dave Baumann too.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Oh noes, whatever shallst we do? :oops:

Back