Why is it, that there are NO WOMEN in this forum?

Alejux

Newcomer
I could be wrong, but I can't remeber ever reading a post from a assumed female in this forum. Is there some filter placed by the administrators banning women, or is it just that our geekness repels them? Me wonders...

This is a forum where people discuss the tedious and irrelevant details of computer hardware, and when they're not doing that they go off on testosterone/alcohol-fuelled rants about politics.

Why are you wondering why there aren't many women around here? I'm confused about why you're confused!

nutball said:
This is a forum where people discuss the tedious and irrelevant details of computer hardware, and when they're not doing that they go off on testosterone/alcohol-fuelled rants about politics.
And as such represents a last bastion of unadultered masculinity. If we start to advertise the fact, they'll want to get in here to change us, so let's keep it quiet.

radeonic2 said:
By assumed you mean there are no pics of "her" out?
actually there is one of her. not sure if its still up, but if you search for a show yourself thread on general you might find it.

epic

Well, I've been to all kinds of geek forums, from sci-fi to online games... and usually there are always a few women on them. Is 3D , computer hardware and gaming so repulsive to women? To ALL women?

Alejux said:
Well, I've been to all kinds of geek forums, from sci-fi to online games... and usually there are always a few women on them. Is 3D , computer hardware and gaming so repulsive to women? To ALL women?
You're getting warmer....but you're not there yet....

I once posted a picture of myself and i scared all the women away (except for natoma ... she allways stays for some reason but has a deep voice and adams apple kinda wierd )

epicstruggle said:
radeonic2 said:
By assumed you mean there are no pics of "her" out?
actually there is one of her. not sure if its still up, but if you search for a show yourself thread on general you might find it.

epic

Right. Because no one on the internet has EVER posted a picture of "myself" that wasn't actually a picture of themself.

Demand a field inspection. You'll either unmask the imposter, or enjoy the view (pic was of a cutiepie --which I say in 'old man being gallant' mode, rather than masher mode).

Well yes, I was kidding. But you're just never sure in places like this.
She's a woman, and I've got the impression that she's quite attractive and nice too, though I've never really wrote to her nor seen a pic of her, but that's just an impression I've got from reading her (lately rare) posts.

But one should never really trust on impressions one gets from someone based on just their on-line persona... I mean, for example before I saw a pic of london-boy, I never would have imagined :oops: :LOL:

weeeee.....bunch of hardware freaks fighting to pinpoint possible women on boards. :D

we should petition Dave to make us put our photos as avatars. ;)
THEN we would know.

silence said:
weeeee.....bunch of hardware freaks fighting to pinpoint possible women on boards. :D

we should petition Dave to make us put our photos as avatars. ;)
THEN we would know.

Do you really want me to do that? :LOL:

Back