Why do we do Sex?

Deepak

B3D Yoddha
Veteran
Link

"Sex is an expensive and risky business. It steals time and drains precious nutrient resources. And each act of reproduction runs the risk of messing up carefully crafted genetic blueprints. So why do we do it?"

Any answers? :)

Because we're driven by instincts. We must reproduce, otherwise - extinction. We're "programmed" to enjoy it so that makes sure we'll keep on doing it.

EDIT:
Scientifically, it kinda "speeds up" the evolution through faster mixing of genes.

Guden Oden said:
The person who wrote that must never have gotten laid. :p "Precious nutrient resources"... Christ. :rolleyes:

Read the article. It's not only about humans but all living creatures, which includes stuff like microorganisms etc. For those, it's a valid argument.

Well i have sex cause its nice ... and it makes me feel better esp when its with a woman i care about .

Natoma has sex so he can gross me out .... yuck :?

london-boy said:
jvd said:

I'm pretty sure Natoma has sex cause he likes doing it. Mostly. :devilish: And because it makes him feel less old than he is :devilish:

More people = said old person making less proportion of the total age? Is that what old people do to feel young :p

sytaylor said:
london-boy said:
jvd said:

I'm pretty sure Natoma has sex cause he likes doing it. Mostly. :devilish: And because it makes him feel less old than he is :devilish:

More people = said old person making less proportion of the total age? Is that what old people do to feel young :p

Some people just do it for others. To make people happy. Totally selfless. So, the more people the better for everyone! :devilish:

What's the deal with sex? It's no where near exciting as computer programming.

Only Americans have sex. Sex is banned in Iran.

Deepak said:
Link

"Sex is an expensive and risky business. It steals time and drains precious nutrient resources. And each act of reproduction runs the risk of messing up carefully crafted genetic blueprints. So why do we do it?"

Any answers? :)

WHY NOT? :devilish:

I guess that tops the list of

"the most obvious questions ever asked"

we do it because we are stupid that's why :D

You people will burn in hell for having sex.
Sex is a sin unless you're having sex with your wife AFTER you're married.

Back