Who should buy what studios for what purpose? *splat*

MS should buy Square for Sony.
ha maybe. I don't think Square has made a good game in decades (FF6 was the last one imo ).

For me I'd want MS to not buy EA but buy all the IP from the dead companies EA has like Origin and Westwood and the rest of the fallen companies and then start putting out new games with that IP.

Also there are rumors that MS might buy the WWE

ha maybe. I don't think Square has made a good game in decades (FF6 was the last one imo ).

For me I'd want MS to not buy EA but buy all the IP from the dead companies EA has like Origin and Westwood and the rest of the fallen companies and then start putting out new games with that IP.

Also there are rumors that MS might buy the WWE

Yes exactly, they should give the studio to Sony, let them have it.

Yes exactly, they should give the studio to Sony, let them have it.
nah they should pull a hogwarts and instead of claiming marketing deals just say they are ownership perks and release Square games with missing content on the playstation but full content on the xbox and steam. It's my understanding that is better to do than to have just a game exclusive on a platform at least according to people on this forum

Well do you see it as a negative or as a positive?

At first I was negative about it. But then I was thinking if Sony helps with substantial financial aid that make it possible for this game to be even made, then they can demand exclusivity. It’s less risky for developer and beneficial to Sony. Win win. Of course this sucks for everybody else who is not PlayStation owner. But that’s life.

Tbh Sony should buy Konami and square. I think it would be great for both companies. They seem to not know what they should do. Looks like they need some good leadership
anyone buying Konami at this point would be good for that company. So much great ip they are sitting on.

anyone buying Konami at this point would be good for that company. So much great ip they are sitting on.
Even better if its Sony. Many Konami's franchises are most known for Playstation. Plus Sony has showed exceptional ability at elevating talent and providing technical amplitude.
They are the best option at elevating the brand of these franchises better than anyone else.

They should split Square and Square Enix. Sony can get the asian part and the western part to MS.
IMHO these game companies should target different tastes in gameplay/gamestyle anyway.

This dosent shock me and I am not surprised. Just wanted to add it here in the context of sending message buy ps5/Xbox if you want to play exclusives etc
It'll come to PC. He didn't say it's not coming to PC to begin with. Just not in 6 months and that it wasn't their current priority trying to complete the PS5 version and polish that.

Editorializing by so called journalist experts from Google translating a Japanese article strikes again

They should split Square and Square Enix. Sony can get the asian part and the western part to MS.
IMHO these game companies should target different tastes in gameplay/gamestyle anyway.

The western part was already sold off to Embracer. There's nothing left to separate.

Embracer Group AB (”Embracer”) has entered into an agreement to acquire the development studios Crystal Dynamics, Eidos-Montréal, Square Enix Montréal, and a catalogue of IPs including Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, Thief, Legacy of Kain and more than 50 back-catalogue games

Even better if its Sony. Many Konami's franchises are most known for Playstation. Plus Sony has showed exceptional ability at elevating talent and providing technical amplitude.
They are the best option at elevating the brand of these franchises better than anyone else.
How's Legend of Dragoon being elevated right now? What was Medievil's PS4 remakes metacritic score again? Twisted Metal is being turned into a who starring whom?

I'm kidding of course. Except about Twisted Metal. And Dragoon.

And Medieval.

Back