Which console are you most interested in getting?

What console do you *currently* intend to get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, there are far more people in fantasy leagues than there are people playing games on X360 and PS3 combined.

A few minutes of googling didn't really support such a claim, even though it does seem to be very popular.
I think Fantasy soccer is also very popular at least in UK. Heh I used to poor a ton of my time into Fantasy hockey somewhere around 2000 at smallworld.com, which I think was the first site to do this sort of thing? It sure was fun, but really time consuming once you really get into it :)

Just think, there are far more people in fantasy leagues than there are people playing games on X360 and PS3 combined.
Really? 150 million people? That's about half the US population. Even going worldwide, you'd need a substantial percentage. I'm also not convinced that these people would buy a $500 console just to play better fantasy league. I can see gamers who play fantasy league to value the feature and choose XB1 over PS4 as a result, but I can't see fantasy league itself being an amazingly powerful draw for non-gamers.

Wow I've just paid attention to the result of this pool doesn't look good for MSFT for now.
I'm bandwidth constrained at the moment (so I'm light on surfing) but I would be curious about what are the results of similar pools across the web (for what it is worse, the web ain't the real world, still).

Gaming forums are generally showing an 8 or 10-to-1 preference for the ps4 over the xbone.
I think the poll with the most hits is the one that gamespot made using twitter and it's 87% ps4 to 11% xbone.
http://www.gamespot.com/twitter-battle/xbox-vs-ps4/

The results in this forum are actually the most favorable to xbone I've seen so far.

Performance deficit aside and no matter how many games are shown in E3 and how much the console sells in the future, the worldwide reveal was unquestionably a PR flop.

Interesting fact: wii u sales in amazon UK took a 350% boost during last week, right after the xbone reveal.

BTW, Microsoft just announced that the xbone will be region locked.
They just can't seem to stop with the disasters.

But hey, there's NFL and fantasy whatever.

I never understood how this fantasy football works/it is played. I am from EU.
Can somebody explain?

Really? 150 million people? That's about half the US population. Even going worldwide, you'd need a substantial percentage. I'm also not convinced that these people would buy a $500 console just to play better fantasy league. I can see gamers who play fantasy league to value the feature and choose XB1 over PS4 as a result, but I can't see fantasy league itself being an amazingly powerful draw for non-gamers.

I'm pretty sure his PS360 "figure" was meant to cover only US or North-America. NA install base is about 65-75M PS360s.

I never understood how this fantasy football works/it is played. I am from EU.
Can somebody explain?

Basically you pick/buy a team with different players and you score points based on how those players do in real life matches. You can trade players during the season. I guess you get some fixed number of trades and if you want more, you have to pay.

Basically you pick/buy a teams with different players and you score points based on how those players do in real life matches. You can trade players during the season. I guess you get some fixed number of trades and if you want more, you have to pay.
Where do you "pick/buy" the team and where do you trade them to?
Are there some kind of betting agencies that you buy them from and sell them to?
And lets say you get a high score, what do you do with it? Exchange with money?
I dont really get it :p

Where do you "pick/buy" the team and where do you trade them to?
Are there some kind of betting agencies that you buy them from and sell them to?
And lets say you get a high score, what do you do with it? Exchange with money?
I dont really get it :p

Many different operators run the game such as ESPN, Yahoo and the NFL itself, but since I don't really know that much about the subject I'm just going to link this for you :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(American)

Of course I want an Xbox One. :)

I have to have the new Halo and Forza and I've always disliked the PS controller. I also think that Kinect 2 is going to be awesome.

The results in this forum are actually the most favorable to xbone I've seen so far.

Probably to do with we're probably more educated & level-headed & not totally flipping out over little stuff that really hasn't been fully revealed?

Tommy McClain

Gaming forums are generally showing an 8 or 10-to-1 preference for the ps4 over the xbone.
I think the poll with the most hits is the one that gamespot made using twitter and it's 87% ps4 to 11% xbone.
http://www.gamespot.com/twitter-battle/xbox-vs-ps4/

Performance deficit aside and no matter how many games are shown in E3 and how much the console sells in the future, the worldwide reveal was unquestionably a PR flop.

Interesting fact: wii u sales in amazon UK took a 350% boost during last week, right after the xbone reveal.

BTW, Microsoft just announced that the xbone will be region locked.
They just can't seem to stop with the disasters.

But hey, there's NFL and fantasy whatever.

If Sony even hints at more gaming DRM, I expect the Internet to go into a meltdown.

But seriously, we all know this stuff is coming from publishers, I do not see a world where this stuff is implemented on the Xbox One and not on the PS4. And the fact Sony even back at their conference back tracked on the used game scenario is proof enough it isn't as simple as "stick disc in, play game".

Probably to do with we're probably more educated & level-headed & not totally flipping out over little stuff that really hasn't been fully revealed?

Tommy McClain

Haha no, you do not possess a superior intellect because you chose xbone over ps4.

Being more level-headed prevents people from expressing their opinion in a more passionate/trollish way. It wouldn't change preferences based with what people have seen so far from each console.
Besides, the most level-headed option is the "wait and see" answer. The rest of us are just pouring our own backseat prediction over what may or may not change during E3.

I figure Beyond3D simply has an older audience to whom the TV remote gimmicks seem to be more appealing than slightly better graphics and screencasting.

Nonetheless, it's still a very large difference between ps4 and xbone. Even if the beyond3d results turn the closest to reality in sales, the xbone doesn't seem to be up for a very good start.

Just because people are older doesn't make them any less a fanboy. They are easy to spot check the old pre reveal thread for those saying vgleaks might be wrong and then cross reference with people saying tv is good blocking used games is ok and people should get over the always online and camera in our living rooms. There is quite the correlation between them.

You don't share the same coolaid you are a sony fanboy you do and anything you say becomes fact.

Haha no, you do not possess a superior intellect because you chose xbone over ps4.

Being more level-headed prevents people from expressing their opinion in a more passionate/trollish way. It wouldn't change preferences based with what people have seen so far from each console.
Besides, the most level-headed option is the "wait and see" answer. The rest of us are just pouring our own backseat prediction over what may or may not change during E3.

I figure Beyond3D simply has an older audience to whom the TV remote gimmicks seem to be more appealing than slightly better graphics and screencasting.

Nonetheless, it's still a very large difference between ps4 and xbone. Even if the beyond3d results turn the closest to reality in sales, the xbone doesn't seem to be up for a very good start.

:) superior intellect? LOL I was just saying we were more educated & not letting our emotions make rash comments & decisions. If you liked the kind of games & services on Xbox 360 more than the PS3, then I don't think what Microsoft has announced so far is going to change a whole lot of that. It's basically 360 plus a little more. Yes, games are little unknown at the moment, but I'm giving MS the benefit of the doubt based on their track record the past 8 years. I wouldn't say that the Beyond3D audience is so much older as maybe more mature. Yes, as DJ12 mentioned we're still fanboys at heart. I will agree I am(fanman? LOL), but I don't think you can lump me into the same pot as some of the irrational fanboys on other forums.

Tommy McClain

Most of B3D are retired hardware engineers, now doing viral marketing for whoever to pay the electricity bills and to buy cat food.

PlayStation. Simple reasons:
  • Sony first and second party studios have, for three generations, produced the kind of games I love, particularly Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Sony Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, Japan Studio and Media Molecule.
  • Sony seem more willing to take risks with games like Journey.
  • Multiplats will mostly be a wash again. As long as I get next gen GTA, Fallout and Elder Scrolls, I'm happy.
  • Nobody I know uses Skype. Seriously.
  • I love my PlayStation Vita. Seriously.
  • I have no cable box to plug into a One. If my family were watching TV and one person monopolised a portion of the TV to check twitter or to chat or to look something up, there would be an uprising - isn't that what phones/tablets are for?
I'd actually like a lot really cool games to play this year and I think Sony are more likely to deliver. Am so psyched for Second Son in particular. Sony are promising the strongest launch line-up ever, Microsoft are promising 15 exclusives (8 new IPs) in the first 12 months and I'm betting most of those are going to be toward the end of that first year after launch otherwise Microsoft would be talking about launch games but I'll reserve judgement until after E3.

That's not to say I won't buy a One down the line if Microsoft release a new IP as awesome as Gears of War, but please.. no more Gears :nope:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back