Which console are you most interested in getting?

What console do you *currently* intend to get?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much I can discard the Xbox one for technical reasons (/ online requirement), I finally a "proper" (quite a stretch...) internet connection went to try Diablo 3 is it is pretty much unplayable... it makes me sad to say the least... Based on that and MSFT willingness to push games with online component (/ introduce single player) the Xbox is not even an option.
Depending on how closely SOny matches MSFT policies (even in a stealthy way, let the editors do whatever they want) I will safely dismiss the PS4 too.

I'm extremely bothered, as even PC is not safe... (aka diablo 3, sims, etc.) may be it is time (again) for me to re-embrace sport (/crossfit) and let games behind, though it is a bitter choice...

sports > gaming, 100%. I find gaming is just a really easy way to get distracted from all of the other things I want to do with my time. So this gen is a lot less important to me than any previous one. When I was in college, I didn't buy any consoles or upgrade my computer so I wouldn't be able to play the latest games. Surprise surprise, I made much better use of my time. Over the last few months I've made some changes to go back to that lifestyle. The gamer lifestyle is a really shitty one, as much as games can be fun to play. I'm only going to buy one console, and if it ends up being kind of crap, then I just won't game anymore. It would be good if more gamers diversified their lives.

I'm feeling the same way.

I was way too much into gaming before. I'm only planning on getting maybe 4 games per year this time around. Just stuff in the 95%+ territory.

For launch I'm looking at Forza 5 and something my kids would like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new Kameo game.

I'm just thinking - this poll would be immensly more interesting if we had the following options:

- current Xbox owner and will be getting Xbox One
- current Xbox owner and will be switching to PS4
- current PS3 owner and will be getting PS4
- current PS3 owner and will be switching to Xbox One
- new owner getting PS4
- new owner getting Xbox One

Or something like that.

I'd be especially interested in the trend who is willing to switch and for what reasons. Perhaps I will create such a thread after/during E3...

I'm switching to PS after two gens in the Xbox camp.
I switched to Xbox from PS1 as it was the most powerful console, now that is no longer the case I am compelled to switch back (otherwise I'd be a fanboy who is merely enamoured to the XB brand rather than evaluating each machine on its own merits).

Plus, all the TV features are also not really applicable to me as I don't watch TV and don't have a cable box either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just thinking - this poll would be immensly more interesting if we had the following options:

- current Xbox owner and will be getting Xbox One
- current Xbox owner and will be switching to PS4
- current PS3 owner and will be getting PS4
- current PS3 owner and will be switching to Xbox One
- new owner getting PS4
- new owner getting Xbox One

Or something like that.

I'd be especially interested in the trend who is willing to switch and for what reasons. Perhaps I will create such a thread after/during E3...
I guess you should open such a thread after E3 once we know pricing, what is behind a pay wall as far as services are concerned, policies wrt DRM, and games :)
But that is a good idea :)

I'm switching to PS after two gens in the Xbox camp.
I switched to Xbox from PS1 as it was the most powerful console, now that is no longer the case I am compelled to switch back (otherwise I'd be a fanboy who is merely enamoured to the XB brand rather than evaluating each machine on its own merits).

Plus, all the TV features are also not really applicable to me as I don't watch TV and don't have a cable box either.

I'm in the exact same camp for the exact same reasons.

Agh... i voted for PS4.

Its just impossible for me to have the patience to keep buying xbox games.

Xbox 360 games always comes late and more expensive than PS3 games. I suspect the same will happend to Xbone and ps4.

And with PS+ discounts, digitla games also cheaper.

i think i will miss kinect games :(

i hope sony did not block me from making fake US account :p
Xbox are annoyingly locked. I can make fake US account but digital game still cant be bough/installed/played on my asia xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back