Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N64.

• GC.

• Total voters

I.S.T.

Veteran
Mines the SNES. It just had more good games, lol. And it had the best controller Nintendo ever came up with.

I have best memories of N64.

Pilotwings, Waverace, Mario Kart, Banjo Kazooie, Goldeneye, Lylat Wars, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1080° Snowboarding, Diddy Kong Racing, Snowboard Kids,...

Later on also Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Banjo Tooie, Paper Mario. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask,...

Such wonderful memories. :)

Voted for GC, but SNES is a very close second place. Never cared much for the N64, too late, too import unfriendly (=software to pricey), PlayStation too cool, not enough money to support more than one console at that time ... meh

SNES all the way. It had my 3 favourite companies: CAPCOM, Konami and Nintendo. And the Nintendo from that era was innovative, with cool games and graphics.
Very different from today. :(

SNES.

Not to discredit Nintendo's other consoles.. they've all been fantastic IMO, despite their faults. (N64's lack of games)

SNES was just perfect though. Lots of game support, lots of exclusives, and 2D Nintendo at its peak.

Nes . Nothing can compare to my 5th x mass opening up the box and getting my nes and playing mario brothers with my uncle and father and getting up to world 5 and them not getting past world 1-2 haha .

It was such a great system .

if SNES had been faster and better, say like on the level of NeoGeo, all my favorite games of the 16-Bit era could have been reproduced wonderfully on SNES. but that was never Nintendo's aim with the SNES. because it's all about something called money. :LOL:

Dio said:
Anyway, the Megadrive was ten times better than the SNES.

<duck>

..And RUN!! :D

I voted Snes, it's imho the peak of nintendo's dominance, in all senses!!

Mine is n64, it practically had a best game in every genre, had some truly ground breaking games, and was fantastic for multiplayer. I also liked the creative controllers.

Nes wasn't really special, it was a time when 3rd parties could easily surpass nintendo's quality, except for the mario games.
SNES was boring to me, it had a few rpgs and that was about it.
Gamecube's been good, but very few of its games have been as high quality as n64's.

BTW,
the peak of nintendo's dominance, in all senses!!
Nintendo had more market share with the nes, and made more money with the n64. There was also a better common opinion of them with the nes. And n64 was probably their most technologically advanced system for the time it was released.(pre 3dfx, software accelerated quake didn't hold a candle to what n64 could do)

Famicom for me. Still has some of the best games. SFamicom has better graphics, but as far as games are concerned Famicom wins.

what, no gameboy option?

i voted 'cube. why? easy. best 1st party controller ever (wavebird), combined with the gameboy player has a plethora of great nes and snes games including the early dragon warrior series and soon final fantasy 1 & 2, and free classic games (both zelda bonus disks are awsome, star wars arcade, ect).
c:

-edit- almost forgot, the games actualy made for gamecube aren't bad either, lol.

Fox5 said:
Mine is n64, it practically had a best game in every genre

Except for, Rpgs, Fighting games, simulation racing games, 2D shoot-them ups, Light gun games.
N64 was an excellent machine but it library was quite thin on some genre .
Fps, plateformers, mario "sports" (kart, tennis, golf) were killers on the N64, that's a fact.

Fox5 said:
BTW,
the peak of nintendo's dominance, in all senses!!
Nintendo had more market share with the nes, and made more money with the n64. There was also a better common opinion of them with the nes.

The money part , i'm not sure about it, in a sense or another (if you have a link to provide about that subject, i'll be thankful) (it sounds cynical but i'm not :) ).
About the markeshare you're definitly right, personally i was thinking about the number of excellent games available on the system, the number of exclusive titles, etc...

Back