Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '99 Porsche Boxter

• '04 Audi A4 1.8T (brand new)

• Total voters
Sage,
too late, and too ambiguous.
Look, you don't want to waste their time or yours.
See if they are interested soon.
And make it clear what you mean, ask them on a date, so their answer can be honest and no time is wasted.
the theory is to ask BEFORE you come to care what the answer is.
That way, no skin off yoru back if its a no, and now you know not to think about that particular chick.

I would like to say ther e are times where being upfront isn't the best move to make .

Like say your introduced to a girl through a friend like an event . Say they invite you to a concert they have an extra ticket for and one person is your friend and then the two others are his friend . Now say you hit it off well with one of his friends . You don't want to ask them out right away . You should however suggest getting together to something like that again . If you get a call the next weekend from your buddy saying they want to hang with you two again then make the move .

The reason why i say this is you don't want to screw your friend over

Sage, in that case you fucked up. First, not a great idea to shit where you sleep (date at work)...that's a better place to find a life mate maybe, but not a quick fuck which is what you're after. In any event, in that situation you should have offered to buy her shots of tequila THAT DAY and then been content NOT to move on her...let her get to know you and have fun in a tough situation.

The asking out without a day is stupid.

Also, it shouldn't be the first thing out of your mouth. You just need some coaching. I coached a grad student in my lab in this once...too bad his skills went to waste as he met a nice girl and got married only 6 months later...

jvd said:
I would like to say ther e are times where being upfront isn't the best move to make .

Like say your introduced to a girl through a friend like an event . Say they invite you to a concert they have an extra ticket for and one person is your friend and then the two others are his friend . Now say you hit it off well with one of his friends . You don't want to ask them out right away . You should however suggest getting together to something like that again . If you get a call the next weekend from your buddy saying they want to hang with you two again then make the move .

The reason why i say this is you don't want to screw your friend over

Nah...still okay to ask out in a benign way...want to do something that isn't a real date thingy.

The only time it's a bad idea to go for the jugular is when she's attached...then it takes time and "friendship" so you can steal her away :devilish: :devilish:

Mize said:
Sage, in that case you fucked up. First, not a great idea to shit where you sleep (date at work)...that's a better place to find a life mate maybe, but not a quick fuck which is what you're after.

well i only asked her because she was leaving. so, I we weren't coworkers anymore... otherwise, (even though everyone else there does it) I would not have said anything because I didn't want to get slapped with sexual harassment. also, I'm NOT looking for a quick fuck. I've just accepted that it's the best I can hope for.

Althornin said:
See if they are interested soon.
And make it clear what you mean, ask them on a date, so their answer can be honest and no time is wasted.
the theory is to ask BEFORE you come to care what the answer is.
That way, no skin off yoru back if its a no, and now you know not to think about that particular chick.

but you're not paying attention to the problem. the problem is that if I make a move not knowing that they would at least be okay with it (and chances are overwhelmingly that they would NOT be okay with it) then I'm not only risking a potential relationship with them but also all of their friends and their friends friends and their friends friends friends, etc etc etc etc etc.

Sage said:
but you're not paying attention to the problem. the problem is that if I make a move not knowing that they would at least be okay with it (and chances are overwhelmingly that they would NOT be okay with it) then I'm not only risking a potential relationship with them but also all of their friends and their friends friends and their friends friends friends, etc etc etc etc etc.

NO!
This is crap.
What potential relationship? A one sided intellectual whoredom one? Where you spend all your time with her wishing for osmething more, and let her walk all over you for it? BULLSHIT. That is not a relationship that I or anyone should want. I've been there, done that, and am trying to change.
And as for her friends - BULLSHIT again. That does not happen if you've simply intorduced yourself, etc. It only happens if you make yourself a problem child.

The only time it's a bad idea to go for the jugular is when she's attached...then it takes time and "friendship" so you can steal her away Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
well she is :)

Sage said:
Althornin said:
It only happens if you make yourself a problem child.

ie comming on to her when she isnt interested

no . if you come on to her and she isn't interested she would brush you off . Repeativly ignoring that brush off will upset them or annoy them or being a complete asshole will piss them off

Sage said:
Althornin said:
It only happens if you make yourself a problem child.

ie comming on to her when she isnt interested
No.
read what JVD said, and I'll say it again
NO.
Only ignoring the clear statements of "no" or "not interested" or "I don't think of you that way" and continuing to bother her will cause a problem. So will coming on to her by sticking your nuts in her face.

Choose a happy medium between not talking to her at all, waiting forever to talk to her and wasting your/her time, and bothering her when she has made it clear she is not interested.
girls recieve a barrage of come-ons all the time, they can easily make themselves clear on it, and do, and will.

Althornin said:
No.
NO.

read what I said, I'll say it again
virtually every time I've expressed even the slightest interest (or didnt deny being interested a number of times) i've shunned, threatened, or ran from.

Sage said:
Althornin said:
No.
NO.

read what I said, I'll say it again
virtually every time I've expressed even the slightest interest (or didnt deny being interested a number of times) i've shunned, threatened, or ran from.
Oh crap, which is true:
actually, I really almost never come on to a girl. that was not my first time, but my first time outside of junior high. usually they freak out as soon as they find out I'm interested or even get just a hint that I am.

If you tried ONCE (waaaaay too late) since frigging junior high, HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW HOW THEY RESPOND?

Alright - screw this, I'm tired of trying to convince you - you simply arent ready for the truth. you've created a false worldview and simply can't be turned from it.

Sage said:
Althornin said:
I have to ask what your approach is....

well, here's an example- I really really liked this one lady that I worked with and she had put in her two weeks notice so I asked her to lunch... that was a bad day for her but she said we'd definitely have to do it sometime before she left and as things went we didnt really see each other until like her last day and so I said "well, we never got to have that lunch... so, how about dinner sometime?" and she was all like "ooooh aaaahhh I don't know... it's a definite possibility... right now I'm really buissy but why don't you email me" and so then later I asked my cousin who was/is good friends with her and my cousin was like "oh yeah, after you left she was all like 'I'm not sure what he meant by that... did he mean buisiness or personal? I'm kind of seeing someone right now..." and so later I emailed her and explained that I had meant personal but I supposed it would be a ppropriate for mee to retract that offer seeing as I found out she was seeing someone. She never emailed me back. I know my cousin and her still talk and I think they see each other sometimes but I've never hear a single word from her or seen her since.

That was perfectly ok. She didn't find you attractive, so move on to the next one.

And she didn't kick your ass either, nor was she hurt. That was a no the way it should be.

Ok Sage, I am going to pm you with it. You may find some of the material in it offensive to women but take it for what you will and need of it.

Sonic said:
Ok Sage, I am going to pm you with it. You may find some of the material in it offensive to women but take it for what you will and need of it.

I'd be interested in that as well, out of curiousity. Could you send me that too?

I voted for the Beemer. It's got class and decent speed. The Porsche and anything Benz-related just screams "TINY PENIS!", and I have a genuine distaste for Audis. To add insult to injury, it's a Porsche Boxster. If you're going to go remodeled-VW-with-bribed-reviewers, get an all-out 911. The C230 is also a tiny car. I am a fan of modestly sized cars, but to spend that much money for an interior rivaling the Geo/Chevy/Toyota Metro is nuts.

The only thing that might change my opinion is if you wanted to do some work on the engine. VW's 1.8l's are very good as far as performance potential is concerned. Kind of like K6's and OC'ing.

A Porsche, even the lowest-end Boxter is beyond any doubt ALWAYS a phantastic car. Quality, looks, the feeling, it's all there. Period.

Porsche > DC/BMW > new Audi A6/A8 >>>>>> all else.

_xxx_ said:
A Porsche, even the lowest-end Boxter is beyond any doubt ALWAYS a phantastic car. Quality, looks, the feeling, it's all there. Period.

Porsche > DC/BMW > new Audi A6/A8 >>>>>> all else.

I guess I'm just a car-|eetist ;)

I'd rather get the higest end within a brand than compromise (i.e. mid/late 90's 911 > new Boxter). However, the title of the thread is "Biggest Panty Dropper", and from my expiriences, women go for subtle-class cars like Acuras, BMW's, Saab's and Audi's (ugh) over balls-to-the-walls-power cars like Porsche, Ferrarri and Corvette and rediculous-money-needed cars like Daimler and Rolls Royce. I just wish there was a US-brand company on the poll so I could pimp my Detroit motors.

I just wanted to point out that Porsche is no way related to VW, other that VW owns their assets. Or maybe you can show me a VW with boxer engine? I worked on the development of 986 and 996 back then (the last gen 911/Boxter) and can assure you there's NOTHING from VW in them. They're the highest quality, most thoroughly tested cars on this planet. No other series cars even come near.

But I'd also choose an older 911 over a Boxter. Because it's a bad, evil monster regardless of age. Actually I'd take any Porsche anytime... :D . I could afford an older one, but just the care, insurance and service is too expensive for everyday use, so I stick to my good ol' E46...

Back