What music are you listening to right now?

I bought a lot of concert Blu-rays/DVDs in Japan

Dream's 2001 and 2002 (last as a trio) concerts, E-girls' 2014 and 2015 (with Dream again) concerts and Twice's 2022 Japan concert. Slowly working my way through them!

Vermilia, one girl black / pagan metal band from Finland. Not too long 'till I get to see her live too

I'm suddenly on a Thomas Newman kick after watching Meet Joe Black:

I never saw the movie until this last weekend; somehow it came up in conversation with the wife and she was aghast. I'd heard pieces of the soundtrack before via one of my favorite Pandora channels. Great flick IMO, not sure why it didn't seem to do so well back when it was first released, maybe it was too long for some?

Anyway, great soundtrack if you're into those big flowing orchestral pieces.

Wow Gamervivek posted something by someone who can actually play as opposed to program
shame it's somebody else's song

Ok I realise it's been quite a while since I last supplied B3D with some epicness, so I know I have to post something extra special to make up for it and to restore people's levels of epicness to a good level.
So here it is the Prog Rock Behemoth that crushes everything in it's path the one, the only (are you sitting down)
LOVE BEACH - by THE BEEGEES
1701550745709.png

i'M JOKING......
PS: Under no circumstances buy Love beech (not even for the cover)
While Emerson Lake & Palmer have produced many epic records Love beech is not one of them
it is (and I apologise to B3D readers who haven't studied music theory for getting technical) in fact "Shite"

Right I'll start again.

So here it is the Prog Rock Behemoth that crushes everything in it's path. The one, the only (are you sitting down)
DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD
all that is now
And all that is gone
And all that's to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon
1701551270601.png

So what's it about I hear you ask.
Well I will tell you

Each side of the vinyl album is a continuous piece of music. The five tracks on each side reflect various stages of human life, beginning and ending with a heartbeat, exploring the nature of the human experience and, according to Waters, "empathy".

"Speak to Me" and "Breathe" together highlight the mundane and futile elements of life that accompany the ever-present threat of madness, and the importance of living one's own life – "Don't be afraid to care".

By shifting the scene to an airport, the synthesiser-driven instrumental "On the Run" evokes the stress and anxiety of modern travel, in particular Wright's fear of flying.

"Time" examines the manner in which its passage can control one's life and offers a stark warning to those who remain focused on mundane pursuits; it is followed by a retreat into solitude and withdrawal in "Breathe (Reprise)".

The first side of the album ends with Wright and vocalist Clare Torry's soulful metaphor for death, "The Great Gig in the Sky".

"Money", the first track on side two, opens with the sound of cash registers and rhythmically jingling coins. The song mocks greed and consumerism with sarcastic lyrics and cash-related sound effects.

"Us and Them" addresses the isolation of the depressed with the symbolism of conflict and the use of simple dichotomies to describe personal relationships.

"Any Colour You Like" tackles the illusion of choice one has in society.

"Brain Damage" looks at mental illness resulting from the elevation of fame and success above the needs of the self; in particular, the line "and if the band you're in starts playing different tunes" reflects the mental breakdown of former bandmate Syd Barrett.

The album ends with "Eclipse", which espouses the concepts of otherness and unity, while encouraging the listener to recognise the common traits shared by humanity.

Last edited:
Coldplay 2012 concert bluray. It sounds really really really good in surround sound.

Anyone have other blurays recommended? Or maybe on appletv or something?

As it happens I do :
The Dark Side Of The Moon Blu-Ray
The Blu-ray contains the Dolby Atmos and a 5.1 Surround mix as well as the remastered Stereo version

This had a massive cultural influence in the U.K where it was the 32nd best-selling studio album of all time
Jeff Wayne's Musical Version
The War of The Worlds
1706654252833.png
What's it about? - It's war of the Worlds what the hell do you think it's about
(plus I'm not going to type in an entire novel)

Last edited:
Oh man, that was one of my first cassette types in my life, the double cassette. What an amazing ride that was.

Back