What music are you listening to right now?

Lamb of God- Hit the Wall

LoG is one of two American metal bands that I really enjoy. Which is surprising. Mainly because they're moderately mainstream and most of the bands I listen to aren't. In my opinion, most of the metal that has been derived from this country is terrible. I honestly don't think this country is renowned for their metal scene. The ball is in most Nordic country's court. Which is why I usually listen to bands from Sweden and Finland. However, whenever I read the bios of a lot of my favorite musicians, most of whom are from those countries, a lot of their musical influences were American bands.

I need to move.

I discovered yesterday that Aguilera can sing outstandingly well the first verse she takes in this song is outstanding, too bad the rest is good but not quiet as impressive, still.

Today, I received an email from one of my favorite bands from Finland called "Insomnium" explaining I had early access to one of their new singles from their upcoming album.

I'm honored to announce I'm listening to "Unsung" by Insomnium.

I can't fucking wait for this album. I just wish they'd tour North America. I need to venture out to Joensuu Finland.

Yeah, since 2006 or so. It's like Chinese Democracy. :LOL: But word is they got to mixing this year, so maybe soon? Gotta check out Swallow the Sun in the meantime.

StS is one of my favorite bands, but if you're looking for speed, they're not the fastest. They're doom metal, so drums and guitar riffs are a lot slower than most metal bands. Mikko Kotamäki is one of the best vocalists around. I love all his work ranging from StS, to Barren Earth and even Alghazanth. Kai stepped in for a drummer named Pasi Pasanen. If you're interested, check out an album called "The Morning Never Came" and "Plague of Butterflies." Both of them are brilliant albums. There's a song on "Hope" called "The Justice of Suffering" featuring Jonas Renkse from Katatonia, another doom metal band incidentally the headlining band that was featured the last time I saw them live. However, they didn't play Justice. The members are really cool. They came to my city a few times and I met the members, they even remembered my friend and I from their last gig.

Here's a great example of StS:

Insomnium: Inertia & Through the Shadows

New Insomnium album TODAY in North America! In the words of Hudson from "Aliens:"

"Drop your linen and stop your grinnin'."

Go out and get it. Pronto. It's awesome.

Back