What music are you listening to right now?

Talking about Swedish, i really like Karin Dreijer Andersson (in The Knife or in solo). Really like her last album under the name "Fever Ray" .

Never heard but will listen, thanks ;).

There are really a lot of really really good sweedish bands for me: Meshuggah, Pain of Salvation, Paatos, Opeth. Wolverine is OK too.

And also Esbjorn Svensson Trio. Their music was unbelievably unique.

Last edited by a moderator:
My problem with alot of those bands is that while the music isnt bad at all, why do they always need some guy that just makes noise in the microphone? It ruins everything. Get someone that can actually sing and you'd have a awsome band.

I'm listening bump of chicken now. Its some Japanse ''rock'' band. Kinda forced to listen. My new teacher said she liked pink floyd when I told here to listen to it and she said she really liked this band and as I think she is really cute I have to force myself listening some songs atleast once. Find it about as interresting as elevator music though lol.

While we're at it, another band with a female singer that blew me away: "The Agonist". I'd marry the chick on spot.

I've been drooling over Swallow the Sun and Amon Amarth lately. Also, I'm slowly going insane waiting for the release of Insomnium's latest CD "Across the Dark." Apparently, it's out in Finland now. I may just order the special edition directly from their website. I'm growing tired of the constant delays. First it was the 15th, now it's the 22nd.

Swallow the Sun- Plague of Butterflies (Not for those light of attention span. This song spans over 30 minutes, apparently it's a concept song divided into three portions.)

Amon Amarth- Varyags Of Miklagaard (Viking Metal as a concept is a little silly, but AA sounds really cool, so it's okay)

Cradle of Filth - The 13th Caesas

Just bought their last album and I absolutely love it. (why the band gets so much hate from metal fans I'll probably never really understand)

Cradle of Filth - The 13th Caesas

Just bought their last album and I absolutely love it. (why the band gets so much hate from metal fans I'll probably never really understand)

I never listened to CoF, but I do own a Paul Allender signature Paul Reed Smith. I doubt Allender actually plays with this model, the SE's are relatively inexpensive. I've seen pictures of him using what appears to be a Custom 24, with a similar sunburst design.

prspaulallender.jpg

It's a sweet axe. It's a pain to down tune, though, because it uses a floating bridge. I need a trem stopper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Swallow the Sun- The Giant

I can't wait for "New Moon." StS fans should head over to the website, http://www.swallowthesun.net/newmoon/, there's a teaser of the CD up. 2009 marks one of the best years in music, for me, in a long time. New Insomnium, Katatonia and StS.

keldian - Redshift , an interesting band from norway kind of prog/powery symphonic band, kind of reminds of ayreon in ways.

just changed lol

Eyefear - A world full of grey , an australian melodic power metal band, have to be one of the most under rated bands ever. must suck being born in a country with such a crappy metal scene :cry:

It's a sweet axe. It's a pain to down tune, though, because it uses a floating bridge. I need a trem stopper.

Just use a small piece of metal or hard plastic mounted underneath the springs like this:

axfrstp1.gif

This is an adjustable one, but you can just use any plate that fits in there. Or you can get this one for $10 from axcessories.com

Just use a small piece of metal or hard plastic mounted underneath the springs like this:

axfrstp1.gif

This is an adjustable one, but you can just use any plate that fits in there. Or you can get this one for $10 from axcessories.com

Yeah. I need to stop by a Guitar Center for one, the store where I take my lessons doesn't sell trem stoppers.

Bloodbath- Blasting the Virginborn.

"Unblessing the Purity" is bar none the greatest EP ever released. Considering the fact it's only four songs. Every song is the very pinnacle of brutal death metal.

To break up the metal fest going on in this thread, recently I've been listening to (and DJing) dubstep. A few tunes from a recent mix I did.

Noisia - Square Feet
Rusko - Woo Boost
N-Type - Blind Fury
Burial - Archangel
Benga - 26 Bassline

Not the Beyond3D cup of tea I'm sure, but sub bass makes me happy ;)

Dubstep is awesome! I saw benga live in toronto a couple weeks back. it was sick. And rys you should post some of ur mixes online, I've been djing for about a year now. No dubstep though :( mainly sticking with house with sprinkles of techno and minimal. Are you using CDs or vinyl?

I'll put up the next one that's any good :D I don't have frequent access to vinyl decks (and a really tiny collection anyway) so I just DJ with CDs these days. 99 out of 100 times it'll be CDs I'd wager.

I usually DJ a progressive set, starting with dubstep and slowly upping the tempo to end with drum and bass, but recently it's been pure dubstep.

Saw Rusko blow room 2 at Matter to pieces a while back and started DJing dubstep properly. Love it!

that's cool, the dubstep scene here is canada is really starting to take off. just in the last year or so I've started to see a lot more concerts and stuff, it's an upward trend 4 sure.

Back