What if Sega-Sammy went into the home console business?

I was speaking of Sonic the Hedgehog in general.

Any system that would have he's games as exclusives cannot fail.

History shows that every Sonic game ever released has gone on to be a million seller.

TEXAN said:

History shows that every Sonic game ever released has gone on to be a million seller.
A million seller would sell 1 million consoles. A ten million seller would sell ten million consoles. Still not enough to be a success IMO. How many Sonic fans really would shell out $300 to play a Sonic game without the promise of more and diverse games on that platform?

I'll add that Dreamcast had Sonic but it wasn't enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifty Geezer said:
I'll add that Dreamcast had Sonic but it wasn't enough.

Now that was a swift kick to the balls! Thats a great way to look at it though, Sonic cannot be the sole savior of Sega. Which brings me to this question....what games are 1st party Sega games?

TEXAN said:

:LOL: That was the funniest thing you've wrote in a LONG time George W.

TEXAN said:
If xbox and gamecube being graphically far superior to the ps2 barely managed to scrape 20million units worlwide then both xbox360 and revolution being less powerfull than PS3 have zero chance in hell. I predict both of these systems will sell no more than 5-15 million units in there entire run.

In other words both these systems shall be their respective hardware vendors last home consoles.

So then, in 2010 only Sony shall remain, perfect opportunity for a second player (SEGA SAMMY) to enter.

Mark my words between 2010-2012 they shall return in time for the next next generation.

okay, but there will only be a new SEGA Sammy console *if* Lockheed Martin regains their lost graphics engineers, patents, IP, etc that were at Real3D, and then works with Sega on the GPU for the console.

really really really small chance of all that happening. but one never knows :p

I personally would like to see Sega re-enter the home console market (more competition is good) but I doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Back