What do you guys think of this Anand quote?

*grin* Yeah, while you're at it, why not just print out any numbers that 'seem right' without any verification what so ever? Basically that's what it all boils down to. If you use testing software or drivers without being able to back up your claims then you could just as well print out numbers based on your own guess work and tell your readers that 'you have a hunch' that the performance might in the end look a bit like this.

shhh AJ quiet... you'll give them new ideas.....

Actually as far as Lars is concerened.... I stopped reading THG long ago due to uh 'disagreements' with certain things published there.... but recently Lars has been drawing me back for his reviews alone.... I definately agree with his approach and fins it very informative.....

It's just Anand's "don't wworry about IQ... I think it's okay otherwise I wouldn't print these... oh and lookout for part 2 of this where I show you how much of a discrepancy in IQ there really is"....

Based on past experience of *that* site TBH I really cannot forsee AT redoing the FPS scores in 'part 1' if they publish NV as having worse IQ.... and then NV/fanboys point at teh 'part 1' graphs and say - look we get AA/AF for less than free and beat ATI in all *current* games!! Buy that $500 card now!!11!!!1!

Actually as far as Lars is concerened.... I stopped reading THG long ago due to uh 'disagreements' with certain things published there.... but recently Lars has been drawing me back for his reviews alone.... I definately agree with his approach and fins it very informative.....

Agreed, I just wish the Good Dr. would stop using Lars' reviews as an editorial platform for sharing his "enlightened" views with us.

CorwinB said:

Agreed, I just wish the Good Dr. would stop using Lars' reviews as an editorial platform for sharing his "enlightened" views with us.

Yes I can't *believe* he did that... uh yes sorry I can believe that... just find it unfortunate....

Hey who wants to start a pool on when Lars will leave THG for a site of his own or to join another site? :devilish:

jimbob0i0 said:
Hey who wants to start a pool on when Lars will leave THG for a site of his own or to join another site? :devilish:

How about Lars and Brent join up with Beyond3D or start their own site? Would help me forget there is a THG or [H].

BTW, how about we use the money from the pool as an incentive to Lars and Brent to leave their sites? Hehe ;)

Tommy McClain

Back