What are your current game fav’s and why?

1) Battlefield 2 (PC)

The Good: Playing with a clan makes it a bit of a social event, as well as having enough variety to keep the interest up, even after almost 2 years of playing it.

The Bad: Hit detection, bunny hoppers, sluggish menus, I could go on but anyone who would be interested in this game has probably heard it all before.

The Ugly: Jaggy shadows that dissapear too soon, fog, and flickering textures from hell.

2) rFactor (PC)

The Good: Looks stunning yet performs very well. Racing round the track with your mates on teamspeak is such a laugh. Non-stop action and concentration required throughout. Hundreds of different cars; hundreds of tracks wouldn't surprise me if it hit the thousands before this game got old. There is a new mod almost every day on rfactorcentral.com

The Bad: Needs an overhaul in the AI department. It's annoying or passable usually depending on the track but nothing more. Server browser is fairly buggy. Can be very tiring due to levels of concentration required (with not even a tiny break). Getting nudged off the road, or worse, when you are on a hot lap / in a race.

The Ugly: Occasional bursts of real anger if you are knocked off the road by someone.

3) S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (PC)

The Good: Atmosphere, art, the way it feels like loads of different games that you really enjoyed before, the scare factor in some parts to feeling like a very confident tank in others. This game takes you on a journey but you also take it on a journey. The AI is great; not perfect, but great.

The Bad: World is broken up into levels. Having to read most of the dialogue.

The Ugly: Lip syncing that would make an old kung fu movie look normal in comparison.

4) Oblivion (PC)

The Good: Qarl's Texture Pack 3, Foliage mod, Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul and the improved skin texture packs. I just love running round in this game doing random stuff and admiring the graphics. I'm not really bothered about any storylines, I just soak up the atmosphere.

The Bad: Modding it can be a total nightmare on a fresh install. Sure the tools are there to make it easy, but still... why couldn't this game have been as pretty, usable and fun from the start?

The Ugly: The random face generator!! Eeek!

5) Internet Backgammon (PC)

The Good: It's free with XP! Fairly instant gaming against people anywhere in the world whenever you fancy a game. Restricted chat menu means that you wont have to deal with a lot of attitude problems.

The Bad: People who leave when in the middle or near the beginning of the game if you get a good roll, or put them in a tough situation. Restricted chat menu means that on the occasions you do want to talk, you can't.

The Ugly: People selecting 'It was luck' repeatedly after you beat them. "Of course it was luck, it's a game of chance you numpty!"

Last edited by a moderator:
PC: Galactic civ 2: dark avatar

good: if you like turn base space games.

bad: micromanagement

ugly: no damn multiplay or email turn base built in.

nintendo DS: meteos

good: it damn addictive

bad: its damn addictive

ugly: can get confusing at times for a simple game.

nintendo Wii: sports

good: keeps the kids occupied

bad: probably the only good title out

ugly: keeps the tv occupied

xbox360 collecting dust until forza comes out but still play some halo2

ps3 collecting dust until somthing im interested in comes out

1) Battlefield 2 (PC)

The Good: Playing with a clan makes it a bit of a social event, as well as having enough variety to keep the interest up, even after almost 2 years of playing it.

The Bad: Hit detection, bunny hoppers, sluggish menus, I could go on but anyone who would be interested in this game has probably heard it all before.

The Ugly: Jaggy shadows that dissapear too soon, fog, and flickering textures from hell.

I can't wait for the day when they develop a shooter where you either can't jump 2m off the ground or if you get shot whilst in the air you drop to the floor instead of carrying on in motion (unflinching)..

I can't wait for the day when they develop a shooter where you either can't jump 2m off the ground or if you get shot whilst in the air you drop to the floor instead of carrying on in motion (unflinching)..

Amen to that sir!:mad: With all of the hype regarding Crysis I'm willing to bet these peeves are still the case.

Bahhhh :oops:
Whats next? Cant carry your gun if shot in the arm and have to hide in the basement? Get knocked out if you run into a tree?
Realistically your game would be over after the first hit, but that aint necessary be fun

Its already bad enough some Shooters have a key to lie down in the dirt. Why would anyone want boring crap like that, you dont need to play games for stuff like that.

Back