What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard the game doesn't perform particularly well in spots on the HD consoles either on which it should run fine. Not to mention the laughable mono sound Wii debacle. I'd chalk it up to multiple SKUs being developed all at the same time with the PC version getting somewhat screwed more than the others in the process. There has been at least one patch so far though.

I LOVE Timeshift, the most under-rated game of the year for me.

I didn't like it at first so much because they didn't give you enough time manipulation time, but once you get a decent trainer for it it's just the shit! :D

thanks for the tip. that would be my biggest gripe so far. time magic being useless in a time sensitive (combat) situation. at least you can't waste a billionth of a second, so have to figure out (through death) EXACTLY what you need to be doing...off to play timeshift!

finally wrapped up and uninstalled the FEAR trilogy. Extraction point was a low point comparatively IMO. like the original team let their little brothers do a game. anyway perseus was alot shorter than #1. but i liked it mostly. 3 games at once is plenty to get you bored.

digi you are soo right. i think (as you've said) we share similar tastes (in games). timeshift , once i got out of the little urban area, blossomed into VARIETY...and beauty. i catch a whiff of NOLF (vehicle control, snowy environs, then HL1...military crates). nice sniper rifle control! like i like. City scapes! Rain! (like max payne feel).

plus the unique parts of being Timeshift. stuff to figure out (time thing) like you've never had to figure out before...unless you can shift time that is.

nice game!

Last edited by a moderator:
to digitalwanderer: I guess its always easier not to have to figure out how to play a game and just to cheat your way through it.

Anyway, I played Timeshift right when it came out and I enjoyed it. It was a bit too long but overall it was worth playing for FPS fans. The only thing I really wish it had was some sort of replay system because there are times in that game you do some really cool things with the time shifting powers and you wish you could have been a fly on the wall watching it in real time.

As for what I'm playing. I bought Neverwinter Nights 2 Mask of the Betrayer recently but had never finished the original NWN 2 campaign. I was close a couple times but never finished, and lost my saves. So I'm replaying that right now. Still need to finish Witcher too. Oh, I also bought Juiced 2 off of Steam. Having a lot more fun with it than I expected.

I eventually felt I was doing the same thing over and over without enough else to keep the game interesting. But whatever, you can always just stop playing. I'd much rather a game run out of steam than just be boring from the beginning.

Finished playing Overlord .. lol what a game .. very kewl.

Playing Hellgate now. Didn't like it in the beginning, but it's growing on me.

US

The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess

I've had a hankering the past few days to start playing this again, seeing as I never beat it. Its become apparent to me that this game is without a doubt the best console game I've laid my hands on in literally years. The sheer magnitude of the game is impressive. I just took a gander at a strategy guide, and I'm not even halfway through the game! And my GC to this day reigns as the best hundred bucks I ever spent.

Also, after having read the latest issue of GFW's review of "Viva Pinata," I'd really like to give that a go. Has anyone played it? If so, how is it?

Playing the original Splinter Cell. i think i've only partially replayed this once (to the oil rig level) before (due to, i think, mostly a disdain for covert ops type games). now im past that point in the game. this game has a LOT to offer IMO. i wish games focused on this at least as much as graphics. Ecetllent game, worth a replay or purchase. probably will chomp on pandora tomorrow (i actually knew a pandora back in the day) after im done with this.

Playing the original Splinter Cell. i think i've only partially replayed this once (to the oil rig level) before (due to, i think, mostly a disdain for covert ops type games). now im past that point in the game. this game has a LOT to offer IMO. i wish games focused on this at least as much as graphics. Ecetllent game, worth a replay or purchase. probably will chomp on pandora tomorrow (i actually knew a pandora back in the day) after im done with this.

Ok, that's enough, stop it.

I just replayed some of my favourite levels from Splinter Cell the other day (the Oil Rig being one of them. I don't know why, but damn what an enjoyable level that was. When it doesn't glitch... I got permanently stuck the first time I played it back in the day). I'm now just replaying a few levels from Chaos Theory that I really liked. Pandora Tomorrow was awesome (if not flawed, you know the myth / rule? Odd numbered games are the good ones in the series, thankyou UBI Montreal)... Pandora Tomorrow had that awesome bending grass in the jungle levels, that was plain awesome at the time.

But honestly, what are the odds that we both play Splinter Cell series games at this same time. That I actually, for completely no reason, went and reinstalled them at the same time you start playing them. I'm curious now as to what we'll be 'syncing up' with next :p

The first Splinter Cell was so easily the best in the series, I wouldn't mind playing through that again actually. Really good game!

Wasn't it Pandora Tomorrow that changed the end-of-mission screen from a dark, soothing green to a blinding white / green combo? Holy shit that annoyed me more than anything. You spend hours staring at pitch black, occasionally using a reasonably bright, static-y nightvision or heat sensing view, only to be bombarded with enough solid white to explode your retinas. Not nice.

Ok, that's enough, stop it.

I just replayed some of my favourite levels from Splinter Cell the other day (the Oil Rig being one of them. I don't know why, but damn what an enjoyable level that was. When it doesn't glitch... I got permanently stuck the first time I played it back in the day). I'm now just replaying a few levels from Chaos Theory that I really liked. Pandora Tomorrow was awesome (if not flawed, you know the myth / rule? Odd numbered games are the good ones in the series, thankyou UBI Montreal)... Pandora Tomorrow had that awesome bending grass in the jungle levels, that was plain awesome at the time.

But honestly, what are the odds that we both play Splinter Cell series games at this same time. That I actually, for completely no reason, went and reinstalled them at the same time you start playing them. I'm curious now as to what we'll be 'syncing up' with next :p

man this is getting spooky. kinda makes you wonder if there IS a puppet master program up there somewhere and we are evidence of a repeating pattern that is distributed across the global population...like a game with repeating textures that try to produce the illusion of complete randomness.

Wasn't it Pandora Tomorrow that changed the end-of-mission screen from a dark, soothing green to a blinding white / green combo? Holy shit that annoyed me more than anything. You spend hours staring at pitch black, occasionally using a reasonably bright, static-y nightvision or heat sensing view, only to be bombarded with enough solid white to explode your retinas. Not nice.

that was my first SC game. don't remember about exploding retinas though. i think i like it and SC1 better than that double agent one.

now im wondering about the first hitman (i also started that series on the 2nd game).

Call of Duty 4 MP. If anyone wants to join me in a game simply add 7chemicalwarrior to Xfire and send me a message you're from B3D. I'm up for a game or three most evenings. In game I go by |7|Skrying, so if you happen to cross my path in game, say hello. :)

that was my first SC game. don't remember about exploding retinas though. i think i like it and SC1 better than that double agent one.

now im wondering about the first hitman (i also started that series on the 2nd game).

I'm sure it was Pandora Tomorrow that had the super bright Mission Success / Failure screen... I remember being so happy with SC1, and then when I played the next one straight away (bought the first 3 in one hit) and being amazed at how they could do something so stupid.

Also, regarding Hitman, I'm sorta in the same boat. I played the first game a bit when it originally came out (and enjoyed it quite a lot, but my system wasn't up to spec and I only ever did the first mission), and last year a friend gave me his copy of Hitman 2 & Blood Money before leaving the country. I recently found it while cleaning and thought I'd try and get my hands on Hitman 1, which coincidentally is on Steam quite cheap :smile:

Too many games to play, not enough time any more. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back