What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does someone know how the gamepad support for Darksiders was?
I consider buying Darksiders 2 for PC, but don't know yet, as I only want to play this game with gamepad...

Last edited by a moderator:
Does someone know how the gamepad support for Darksiders was?
I consider buying Darksiders 2 for PC, but don't know yet, as I only want to play this game with gamepad...

I played Darksiders on PC with a 360 controller, worked well so I presume part 2 will have full 360 controller support as well.

Got Darksiders1 for PS3 download for free...slowly digging it, gets better and better...although graphics are dated, gane makes fun so far...

I still mostly play BF3 CQ on PC, got all sniper guns to 100+ kills, working on my second sniper class playthrough such that I have all classes on two stars...and my long term goal: get a star for all weapons...crazy?

PS: DARKSIDERS 2
graphics options, you can change the resolution /me = spoiled for choice, too many options may confuse some people

Darksiders wouldn't work with my XBox 360 controller on Windows... that's a big no-no to me, so much I didn't bother playing it.

Playing Crysis 2 at the moment on the new PC build, thanks to summer sale. Some of what the engine achieves is quite amazing, especially some of the cinematic effects during sequences. The actual game itself is kinda meh and very dumbed down from Crysis but enjoyable enough to keep going through it. It's nice being able to max out everything, even on my 7870.

Been yo-yoing between a lot of things lately. Working on Shoot Many Robots, which is likely game of the year for me, and Serious Sam 2. First time I played, I went for super easy and I think used cheats. That was four years ago, and I was still getting used to WASD. Now I am doing normal without cheats(Except in one level to get a secret or two due to stupid game behavior making it far too difficult to get them otherwise).

Damn game is kicking my ass hardcore. the weapons feel a bit... underpowered for the most part, except for the double shotgun, which in many cases is far better than the single shot shotgun. This is a change from Serious Sam TFE/TSE and Serious Sam 3, which I have also played recently.

Me too..
Been playing System Shock 2 again and it is indeed still a large slice of gaming goodness

"Look at you, Gamer. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

Paraphrasing slightly from demi-goddess Shodan. :)

One of the few games I have played six times and still managed to find new little nookies and crannies in it. It wasn't till the fifth playthrough that I realised I could go out the window of hydroponics control (I think), clamber the pipes above the steaming water and find a little treasure trove of stuff to collect.

Bought Darksiders 2. Phantastic game so far (just finished DS1 today).

But I am really afraid because of all those game breaking bugs floating around in the web!

Scarry...

PS: just curious: what says law to a broken product? in the case of software...

PPS: just for information, DS2 is very different to DS1, is a open world game...I would compare it to Kingdoms of Amalur

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Darksiders 2. Phantastic game so far (just finished DS1 today).

But I am really afraid because of all those game breaking bugs floating around in the web!

I played through DS 2, and didn't see any game breaking bugs. However, I did get quite a few crash-to-desktops, and I've seen more AMD resetting the graphics driver from this one game than in the whole of the last couple of years combined.

It is a fun game, quite derivative in some ways, but it does give you the loot 'n' level fix, and looks pretty. Combat is quite good fun and has a nice meaty feel to it.

The biggest problem is that the puzzle parts can be very obtuse, and there is no way you will not want to look at a walkthrough at some point. It has the ususal console FOV and camera angle issues.

I played through DS 2, and didn't see any game breaking bugs. However, I did get quite a few crash-to-desktops, and I've seen more AMD resetting the graphics driver from this one game than in the whole of the last couple of years combined.

It is a fun game, quite derivative in some ways, but it does give you the loot 'n' level fix, and looks pretty. Combat is quite good fun and has a nice meaty feel to it.

The biggest problem is that the puzzle parts can be very obtuse, and there is no way you will not want to look at a walkthrough at some point. It has the ususal console FOV and camera angle issues.

Good to hear that you don't had game breaking bugs! I also had one crash, I then just reduced resolution (because I had one issue in Max Payne 3, where I could not get past a cut scene...until I reduced my VRAM footprint...reducing resolution is only option in DS2, so I go save and do this).

How long did your play through take?

How long did your play through take?

I've got 31 hours on the game clock for one run-through up to level 21. That's doing the main quest, all the side quests, and half/three quarters of all the "find the stuff scattered all over the game" quests. Then you can finish the main story, and re-start "game+" with all your previous gear for a second run-through. I used the "fast travel" option when ever I could, so that's mostly game time, not just filler time getting to destinations over and over.

My recommendation is to get possessed weapons, as you can feed these other weapons, and somewhat tailor their attributes, as well as boosting them above your current level. Also, its worth having weapons that can steal health/wrath so you don't need to use your limited supply of potions much. The "Death Grip" is also surprisingly useful in combat, as well as a climbing tool.

I went down the "harbringer" route where I boosted my characters combat abilities to make him into a single killing machine. You could also choose the "necromancer" route, where he's more a summoner of other creatures to join the fight.

There are some big fights where you have to do a lot of jumping, dodging, and use your powers, or you simply can't win. Some of the big bosses you really have to know how to attack them as the game wants you to, or else you don't get anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back