What are the best games you've played on PC from all time?

Same for the consoles, they had their gaming king times aswell pre-PS4 generation, i'd even consider the 6th gen to be the last (same for PC). Now all platforms basically have universal games. Still, the PC enjoys both MS and Sony games, aswell as its own exclusives and the largest BC to be found. Aswell as the better-versions technically. But indeed, its no more like 20-ish years ago :p

From a technology point of view consoles haven't been king for decades, PC has so its not the same for consoles.

They can't lose what they never really had.

But PC's glory days have been over for well over a decade now.

When you look at Killzone on PS2 and Half Life 2 on PC..... It's crazy that they were released just 14 days apart.

A generational gap in every respect, now we're happy if we get a decent settings menu.

Dont look at killzone. Look at Black, its not that far off from HL2, atleast from glorious memories :p

It's a decent looking shooter but it's miles off HL2.

It also released nearly 2 years later so a better comparison would be comparing it to the 2006 release of Prey.

Again, a generational gap.

It's a decent looking shooter but it's miles off HL2.

It also released nearly 2 years later so a better comparison would be comparing it to the 2006 release of Prey.

Again, a generational gap.

Still very impressive considering its running on 2000 hardware (PS2). I thought Black was the best looking FPS on the platform.

A ton of great games listed here, I'll go with mine:

- Empire Earth 2
- Age of Empires 2
- Starcraft and Brood War
- C&C Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge
- Homeworld 1&2
- Warcraft 3
- CIV2
- CIV5
- Half Life (+ Opposing Force)
- Counter Strike
- Quake 2
- Team Fortress
- Rayman 2
- The Longest Journey
- Commandos.

honorable mention for space sims. Descent Freespace 1/2

sort of surprised I didn't spot Wing Commander in here, or at least Privateer.

Sierra Titles also deserve some love.
Space Quest 2 is pretty iconic imo, liked it more than the Police and Kings Quests series.
Though Quest for Glory was pretty good.

Last night I finally got round to watching a 'what is Klingon Academy' video thats been in my todo for ages, in it they mentioned with the community patch it still works in Win10.
So I went hunting through the dark recesses of my HDDs I hadn't seen in many years for files, grabbed the community patch, figured out how to install it: works in Safe Mode (which is another thing I haven't seen for many years lol & kudos to MS for that).
Dug through boxes for my trusty old Sidewinder Precision 2 & got it working after a bit of USB connector cleaning.

Now I have a functioning 4K (HUD elements are hilariously tiny!) Klingon Academy :cool:

I have replayed alot of Starcraft Brood War and Age of Empires 2 the last months, and they are just as awesome like I remember them. I never really could get into Starcraft 2. The only somewhat modern RTS I have played quite a bit since release otherwise is Company of Heroes 2.

Day of the Tentacle, Monkey Island and those games are also games I loved. DOOM 1 and 2 are games I still can play on my GBA occasionally. But I have sadly found that a lot of the other old games have not aged as well as I remember them.

Back