Western Europe under heatwave?

Basic said:
I guess this counts as a DOH-moment. :oops:
I often have it partly covered up with stuff that I want to get dry quick, but I haven't tried to cover it up competely to stop the heat. I
:)
Call me odd, but I don't like the idea to have a carpet in the bathroom. :)
Neither do I, and I always found it weird that many UK houses have carpet in the bathroom (I'm all for a bath mat, yes, but not wall-to-wall carpet). When we bought our house, we ripped out the carpet and tiled ours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carpeted bathrooms is so weird, and not to mention, disgusting. Considering ordinary carpet is a magnet for germs and mites and yucky stuff like that, imagine what you'll have living in a bathroom carpet... EEEEEEWWWW!!!

In fact, UK homes that are almost entirely carpeted is totally disgusting, considering people don't take their shoes off when they go inside! What's up with that! You step in all kinds of crap out there, dogshit, chewing gum, loogies and whatnot, do you really want to drag all that back into your own home and spread it out over your carpeted floors? Yuk!

I get shivers down my back just thinking about it, and I've got no phobia against this kind of stuff. It's just so nasty I can't help to feel disgusted by it...

Guden Oden said:
In fact, UK homes that are almost entirely carpeted is totally disgusting, considering people don't take their shoes off when they go inside! What's up with that!
Why should they do that ?! What's the point in having carpets if you don't take shoes off !?
Some kind of "fashion" ?

Guden Oden said:
Carpeted bathrooms is so weird, and not to mention, disgusting. Considering ordinary carpet is a magnet for germs and mites and yucky stuff like that, imagine what you'll have living in a bathroom carpet... EEEEEEWWWW!!!

In fact, UK homes that are almost entirely carpeted is totally disgusting, considering people don't take their shoes off when they go inside! What's up with that! You step in all kinds of crap out there, dogshit, chewing gum, loogies and whatnot, do you really want to drag all that back into your own home and spread it out over your carpeted floors? Yuk!

I get shivers down my back just thinking about it, and I've got no phobia against this kind of stuff. It's just so nasty I can't help to feel disgusted by it...

Really? There's some houses like that in the US, but generally people do not have carpeting in the bathroom's or kitchen. I personally dislike carpet for the most part except for in bedrooms.

I agree. Sometimes I get urine on the tiles, if there was carpet then how would I clean that up?
I can clean it easy off my towls because all I have to do is throw them in the wash.

K.I.L.E.R said:
I agree. Sometimes I get urine on the tiles, if there was carpet then how would I clean that up?
I can clean it easy off my towls because all I have to do is throw them in the wash.

That would be what your mother is for.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060801/ts_nm/weather_usa_dc_1

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Parts of eastern United States prepared on Tuesday for a potentially deadly heatwave with the mercury forecast to top 100 degrees Fahrenheit (38 Celsius) but power grid operators assured demand could be met.

The heatwave is moving across the country from California, which has just suffered through more than two consecutive weeks of triple-digit temperatures that killed at least 126 people and caused power failures.

Meteorologists also forecast 100 degrees Fahrenheit in Detroit, St. Louis and Chicago on Tuesday and temperatures that would top 100 degrees in Philadelphia and Washington on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The National Weather Service, or NWS, issued excessive heat warnings and said the heat index -- how hot it actually feels when the humidity is combined with the air temperature -- was due to hit 115 degrees Fahrenheit (46 C) in New York on Wednesday.

Sounds like you guys are getting what we had in the US for a couple of weeks ending about a week ago. Fortunately, I missed almost all of it as I was in Santa Fe, New Mexico for a conference. At 7500ft, the temperatures never got very hot.

But I did hit the tail end of it when I got back to Davis. It was rather uncomfortable. Much nicer now, though.

You want bad weather? Try living where I live. The city of Boston has weather worse than it's driving record. It's 100 out right now, and it's supposed to continue all this week. My air conditioner hasn't been turned off in a solid 2 months, and I fear it's blowing freon into my room at this point, slowly poisoning me as I sleep and work at my computer. During my lunch break walking outside requires a "Camelpack," and waiting for trains in the tunnels is like standing on the brink of Hell.

Winter is equally as bad. That's the sole reason why our attitudes are atrocious.

39C right now, but feels like 47C with humidity factored in.

Ahh, times like this I'm so glad the majority of my house is underground.

How much more evidence do they need to finally realise that all the pollution is destroying the ozone, melting the icecaps and increasing the ocean height as well as temperatures.

ANova said:
How much more evidence do they need to finally realise that all the pollution is destroying the ozone, melting the icecaps and increasing the ocean height as well as temperatures.

Find a different explanation why in the past (but not too long ago) the temperature was higher than today...and surely back then pollution was nowhere near as bad as today.

Back