Western Europe under heatwave?

yeah but you folks go outside your houses also? playing in the park with the kids or doing some fares and stuff like that?

Skrying said:
What is the humidity like? Its often 43C~ in Arizona here in the US, but its actually pretty nice because its a very dry heat. On the other hand, any time it gets past about 33C in Missouri its hell because a day doesnt go by that the humidity isnt sky high and it feels like you have a bucket of hot water on you.

Yes, its not the heat, its the humidity. Dry heat is nothing. It can be 110 outside, and not feel that bad. When its 90, and then 90% humidity... oh my. I live in SE Tennessee, and the humidy will drain you. You cant walk without sweating, and being all sticky. I very much dislike it. But hey, Im from Alaska... I dont like the heat much anyways.

fallguy said:
Yes, its not the heat, its the humidity. Dry heat is nothing. It can be 110 outside, and not feel that bad. When its 90, and then 90% humidity... oh my. I live in SE Tennessee, and the humidy will drain you. You cant walk without sweating, and being all sticky. I very much dislike it. But hey, Im from Alaska... I dont like the heat much anyways.

I guess those temps are not in Celsius.:LOL:

Deepak said:
I was reading paper the other day and saw a news article that Western Europe is passing through a "heat wave", London was at 38C so was Belgium.

So have the temp subsided now? What is the current scene.

Though to call 38C "heatwave".:LOL:

Here is was a high of 37C today, but that was because a "cold front" moved through the area.

;)

If you want crazy weather you should try the praries in Canada. They get -40C in winter and 40C in summer both with tons of wind. Where I live near Toronto it's not as extreme -25C to 35C I'd say.

DudeMiester said:
If you want crazy weather you should try the praries in Canada. They get -40C in winter and 40C in summer both with tons of wind. Where I live near Toronto it's not as extreme -25C to 35C I'd say.

If you want crazy weather come to Texas and enjoy a spring in the Tornado capital of the world. Feel the wrath of nature as a cold front passes through and temperatures drop 4+C in a matter of 2-3 minutes. Enjoy hailstones that can be as large as an infant's head.

Then in summer you can enjoy 45C temperatures and 2-3 months straight without a drop of rain.

In the fall we get hurricane season. Always good to brighten up a boring week.

And in the winter we get the occasional ice storm. Not snow, that is rare, but ice is pretty common.

Deepak said:
I was reading paper the other day and saw a news article that Western Europe is passing through a "heat wave", London was at 38C so was Belgium.

So have the temp subsided now? What is the current scene.

Though to call 38C "heatwave".:LOL:

I thought I was dying yesterday. 30°C in the evening!!! Crazy. It's been like this for weeks already, not a drop of rain.

Sc4freak said:
People, people, Melbourne is famous for it's ability to host 4 or more seasons in the timespan of a day. :LOL:
Hence my comment in another thread about its weather being weird. :D

it's been 40°C now (maybe slightly more, I seem to be in the hottest part of France ..), so call me an eurowimp if you want but I call that an heatwave :p

Right now it's 31ºC outside, and 28ºC in my apartment. Normally the temp difference is the opposite. But today I'm so fortunate that there has been a leak in the district heating system so the whole neighbourhood is out of hot water.
And that reduced the temperature in my apartment with several degrees. :oops:
I knew it was leaking heat from the pipes, and I can't turn off the radiator in my bathroom completely, but this is ridiculous.

And with this kind of air temperature I don't mind only having cold water in the shower, so the leak couldn't have come at a better time. :D

Simon F said:
You could always put a blanket over it.
I guess this counts as a DOH-moment. :oops:
I often have it partly covered up with stuff that I want to get dry quick, but I haven't tried to cover it up competely to stop the heat. I'll see how much difference it makes. But it won't help that I can feel on the floor exactly where the pipes to that radiator goes, it's quite warm. Call me odd, but I don't like the idea to have a carpet in the bathroom. :)

Back