Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

LaaYosh, huge thanks for the very great post.
Appreciate all the info, and I applaud once again the talent and care of our team.

Awesome ads :D

Yippee, by the time I play watch dogs on September, bugs should have been killed and hopefully a lot of mods came out, taking the gameplay to the ne level

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears Watch_Dogs has an in-car view for driving. May be old news but I've not seen it before.

:!: WARNING 33mb GIF :!:
PlayStation prompts on-screen so I'm assuming PS4.

Edit: And a 25mb GIF of Aidan walking the in the rain wearing a red coat.
Looking very nice. The game, not Aidan in his lady coat.

The lighting is so flat and odd... you would think it being a deferred based engine, that they would have came up with a better lighting scheme. The pseudo lighting textured windows looks terrible...

The pseudo lighting textured windows looks terrible...

Fortunately I buy games based on their gameplay merits. If I discounted every game based on graphical imperfections I would only ever have bought Tetris ;)

Fortunately I buy games based on their gameplay merits. If I discounted every game based on graphical imperfections I would only ever have bought Tetris ;)

Well yes and no. I love great gameplay like everyone else, but, there has to be some visual appeal as well. From all the videos I have seen post 2013, the lighting looks terrible, IMHO. I guess ISS has spoiled me in that respect.

IGN has an article on the mini games. Again disappointed there is no VR for zombie apocalypse. I always thought GTA's engine and rendition of a city would be a great basis for a semi-realstiic zombie apocalypse game. As Dead Rising 3 disappointed, the wait continues..

Well yes and no. I love great gameplay like everyone else, but, there has to be some visual appeal as well. From all the videos I have seen post 2013, the lighting looks terrible, IMHO. I guess ISS has spoiled me in that respect.

ISS looks great but I was so disappointed they stayed with pre-baked lighting dictating time of day and weather.

ISS looks great but I was so disappointed they stayed with pre-baked lighting dictating time of day and weather.

I agree with you about not having the day/night/weather cycle system. But I wish WD had something similar to ISS, just without the negative effect of losing the time cycle. Tradeoffs you got to love them... :LOL:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-infamous-second-son-performance-analysis
Certainly, the game is a visual feast. Similar to Guerrilla Games' latest work, inFamous operates with a materials-based deferred renderer, which not only allows for a multitude of dynamic light-sources, but also lights the scene according to the physical properties of the objects present - for example, reflectivity and the roughness. An energy-conserving model like the one used here treats light as energy, calculating how light spreads across the surface over the material according to its physical properties. The results can be absolutely beautiful to behold - reflections in particular (what looks like an expert blend of pre-baked and full real-time) can look sublime.

The lighting is so flat and odd... you would think it being a deferred based engine, that they would have came up with a better lighting scheme. The pseudo lighting textured windows looks terrible...

The only thing really terrible is the over-exposure in the first GIF.

What I take away from this is that in a crowded street it's virtually impossible to stop folks calling 911. Unless you want to be a mass murderer, haha!

Liked the weapon that destroys the police cars. WANT! (Purely for home defence). :)

XB1 footage...
Saw that last night on GAF. There were rumours that the Xbox One version had a poor framerate but that looks just fine. #GAMERFAIL though. Here's eight minutes of me shooting a petrol station. I'm not sure what he was expecting, a mushroom cloud perhaps!?! ;)

Back