Watch_Dogs by Ubisoft

Funny thing is everybody is going to whine and complain about this game because that's what people do about all blockbusters that come from EA, Ubi, or Acti, but I kinda think there's NO way this game wont sell well. Because guess what? There's nothing else of it's magnitude coming out for a 5 month stretch (April-May-June-July-August).

Oh and I could care less, but about the Mecha Spider, I heard some gaffers speculate it could be part of some VR glasses games that's known to be in the game, not the game's reality.

I was about to post this. 3:28 into the Welcome to Chicago trailer is some form of mech creature and it fits the plot of technology becoming more pervasive in the city. Of course you can't tell if these are authorised security drones, the product of criminal elements, or a bit of both - i.e. security enforcement mechs are used then vigilanties like Aiden build their own to fight back.

But big mechs + hacker = carnage ;)

2014-03-29%20Watch_Dogs%20Welcome%20To%20Chicargo%203-29.png

That's just a Truckasaurus.

1395468362222.jpg

They are native to North America, so you may not have seen them before.

That's just a Truckasaurus.
They are native to North America, so you may not have seen them before.
Ah cool. That could be fun to hack. They've talked about talent trees (hacking being one) being upgradable so it'd be interesting if maxing out your hacking talent tree lets you hack and control things like that :devilish:

The spider thing is also in the trailer. I assume these are not native to North America ;)

Nope. I saw one about a year ago. ;)

There are all sorts of funky multi legged bots in development in reality. Not really that far fetched.

Ubisoft should probably add more unique stuff to this game, rather than just making it an open-world multiplayer game with modern-cultured world. Maybe they can add like ghostly aspect to this game, where the dead people or the people that have been/we have killed, can show up again in the form of spirit.. lol.. that would be awesome. So it's like Tru Calling or Ghost Whisperer where those spirits can come back to us and give us some quests in order to help them go the "Light".. :D

Is this new ?:

I hadn't seen it before. Can't understand thr language, so have no idea whats he saying but the randomn NPC gameplay seems so cool. Am getting it.

All the footage is from month+ old B-Roll, the same b-roll that sparked the "downgradethon" movement.

Do you have a link to the complete footage? Would like to see it. The only ps4 demo I have seen is the 14 minute one which was released quite a while back and this footage isn't from there.

Jeez the esrb has give mad description of watch dogs content.

Why game developers seems obsessed in pursuing more sex and violence? I hope all of it are optional or can be skipped.

Gore blood violence in left 4 dead 2 is fine for me. But the "real" feel of watch dogs seems will make me disturbed by the violence.

From videos and developer interviews/news, the npc is not the typical dumb npc and the graphics looks pursuing realistic, not cartoony ala left 4 dead 2.

ESRB is pretty damn strict. We have to deal with this stuff and there are some really silly sounding concepts... Don't expect a madly bloody violent game just because of those words.

Wow, nice guy, causes a pile up and then blows up the cars? Think of all the dead women and children!

Game looks nice, very realistic lighting and environment.

I'm so getting this on Steam and streaming to my HTPC in the living room. Can't wait!

I'm pre ordered it on origin and won't be able to play it when released :/
Because I suspect it won't run on my tablet at decent fps.

Considering to cancel the order too...

Is it just me or does lighting from the PAX East video above with and this photo below look slightly superior to the "welcome to Chicago" confirmed ps4 trailer during the night scenes?

a0c898e214d11569b162a1df81401804.png

64fb62ccc17e11e3bdfe0002c9d37d64_8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just you. Hard to tell from this bad footage but apparently the night lighting is better than the day lighting.

Here's a written account of the demo by someone who watched it during PAX.

He was genuinely impressed by the demo.

No no, nightlight to nightlight comparison of course.

The second image I found on google image search seems to prevents direct linking so ill made a copy & upload it.

here we go:
ohqyva.jpg

So they've admitted its a PC? but a ps4 dev kit? Hopefully they are being honest and it absolutely representative ps4.
That florescent green text on what looks like a videocard in the center by the pc, is located right where a videocard should be. IIRC only high end nvidia gtx videocards light up with florecent green text.

The lighting is amazing in this vines video from pax:
https://vine.co/v/MJ5bLA25JW3

Hopefully this isn't bait and switch, and that added time and that added time has been used in part to optimize and improve visual quality of the console versions.

Why are they not using an actual ps4 dev kit and instead those pc dev kits? Legal/security reasons?

Last edited by a moderator:
No no, nightlight to nightlight comparison of course.

The second image I found on google image search seems to prevents direct linking so ill made a copy & upload it.

here we go:

So they've admitted its a PC? but a ps4 dev kit? Hopefully they are being honest and it absolutely representative ps4.
That florescent green text on what looks like a videocard in the center by the pc, is located right where a videocard should be. IIRC only high end nvidia gtx videocards light up with florecent green text.

It's a recorded PS4 footage running on a PC.

So it's 100% PS4 footage. The creative director confirmed it twice saying he was present when they recorded the footage from a PS4 devkit, implying a real PS4 devkit, not a PC with "similar" consoles specs.

Back