Was there a final answer on Q of how to use wireless x360 pad on PC?

Oh, data traverses the cable alright, but only device power information I would imagine. (Probably a request to bump up the power feed to 500 mA for fastest charging possible.)

If they were wanting to sell the wireless pad for PC purposes, they would probably have to sell it with some sort of wireless transciever (that would most likely plug in via USB) for the wireless pads to talk to. Imagine the complaints from all the people who would buy the "pc-compatible" wireless pad, only to find that they cannot use it without the usb wire on a pc. By keeping the products strictly seperate, they don't have deal with as much customer confusion. (And, yes, lots of people would be confused and unhappy with their purchase.)

Question: What happens if you have two XBox 360s in one room, and are trying to use wireless pads for both of them? I assume there is some way to designate which controller communicates with which cosole?

Guden Oden said:
Anyone have any idea what the extra mystery EEPROM scooby mentioned is for? Where is it on the mobo btw?

it's right by the CPU, and the machine boots and runs properly even when removed, even XBLive. It's quite the mystery.

x360desolderingtsop.jpg

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=466650&st=0

scooby_dooby said:
it's right by the CPU, and the machine boots and runs properly even when removed, even XBLive. It's quite the mystery.

Based on the thread you linked, the EEPROM is not the difference between the core and premium systems as you earlier suggested. Some boxes have them...some don't. It's likely just a different hardware revision...

Guden Oden said:
It is quite illogical of MS to not allow the wireless controller to be used on PCs with the charge cable.

Actually, its quite logical that the wireless communication is still being used when its plugged in since you don't want to have to faff around switching from one communication to another and having to re-authenticate that the one just unplugged is the same user and not a different wireless controller.

Joe DeFuria said:
The very first post in the thread that you linked earlier:

Serves me right for not reading the consusion thread, I was in the original and hadn't checked i since yesterday.

You're right, probably just newer versions of the mobo or something

Back