Warner Exclusive Blu-ray= More PS3 sold?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lessons from the Death of HD-DVD"

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/02/21/lessons-from-the-death-of-hd-dvd/

Interesting read and with a obviously "it was all Microsoft's fault" angle. Most of his claims in regard to the BD/DVD war seems real enough. His sales numbers on the 360/PS3 is up to someone else to tear apart.

Interesting read indeed. While there's little proof for what he says, I tend to believe it just because it is MS afterall.

One of his basic points is that the HD-DVD "public" was cheated to which i can only agree.

I read the entire article and nowhere did I see such a statement. Besides, consumers are free to make their own choices when any choice is present. If someone makes the wrong choice - tough luck.

Interesting read indeed. While there's little proof for what he says, I tend to believe it just because it is MS afterall.

I read the entire article and nowhere did I see such a statement. Besides, consumers are free to make their own choices when any choice is present. If someone makes the wrong choice - tough luck.

This part..

The public wasn’t aware of what was going on behind the scenes because Microsoft worked diligently to spin a misinformation campaign that suggested that HD-DVD would be cheaper, more open, and deliver more content. Backers were fed talking points that insisted that HD-DVD discs were cheaper to create, that the Chinese would pump out ultra cheap players to support Microsoft, and that HD-DVD’s DRM was somehow easier to get around than Blu-Ray. This was all false.

And a bit by bit answer:

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=742&highlight=roughly+drafted

Aparently "sponsored" by Amir from AVS, former MS HD-DVD Guru ..

[modhat]I'm bothered with where this thread is going. A PR shooting match between camps with MS as the target isn't set to go anywhere. Plus discussion on the format war really belongs in the AV forum. I'm gonna zip this one up as the topic seems to have run it's natural course and has crossed out of console territory now.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back