Warhawk discussion*

Anyone regularly on this? I love the new Hero mode. Even if you're not the greatest at, say Warhawk piloting, this is a good way to improve against weakened opponents.

I'm still working out how best to play Hero but for now it's (an attempt at) crazy killing.

Haven't tried Collection mode yet but I'm sure it'll be pretty good too.

Anyone regularly on this? I love the new Hero mode. Even if you're not the greatest at, say Warhawk piloting, this is a good way to improve against weakened opponents.

I'm still working out how best to play Hero but for now it's (an attempt at) crazy killing.

Haven't tried Collection mode yet but I'm sure it'll be pretty good too.

I have been. Never see you on though. Or are you Opposed? No you're not. Maybe I deleted you :/

I think hero is a blast and it should also be good for people just getting into the game too. You can take a lot of damage when you're Hero...so just go for broke. When I'm Hero the first thing I do is head for where the battle is at. You should be able to get a few kills no matter your skill level.

I think hero is a blast and it should also be good for people just getting into the game too. You can take a lot of damage when you're Hero...so just go for broke. When I'm Hero the first thing I do is head for where the battle is at. You should be able to get a few kills no matter your skill level.

Lol I did that and then the enemy put a load of mines on a jeep and ran into me :( Booom.

I liked the hero match in the Eucadia level with the big bridge in the middle when we were all in the blue team.
I`m more into large levels normally, I don`t even know most of the smaller layouts, but the intense fighting for the bridge base was a lot of fun.

I have been. Never see you on though. Or are you Opposed? No you're not. Maybe I deleted you :/

Ouch, that hurts.

Actually, I don't think we were ever friends - just in the same clan before certain events that shall remain untold. :p

As Jaeyden said, Hero is a great way in if you're new to the game. I guess it's like everyone is taking it easy on you.

Ouch, that hurts.

Actually, I don't think we were ever friends - just in the same clan before certain events that shall remain untold. :p

As Jaeyden said, Hero is a great way in if you're new to the game. I guess it's like everyone is taking it easy on you.

Don't worry. I deleted lots of people. But the limits 100 now :) So lots of room. Add me if you want.

Oh you tease. You'll fill 100 before too long!

By the way, you are UK aren't you? Hmm, maybe I will send you an invite...

Cheers.

Invite sent (from hank_scorpio) and yup, I'm UK too - London.

I've improved a little since the last time you kicked my butt.

This is a game you need to keep your hand in. My friends are dead shots in tanks and with sniper rifles, whereas I can't hit a barn-door at one pace. :(. And I can't dogfight as well as I used to, chasing down planes and yet just not being able to finish them off. Because of this the game actually loses some of its appeal for me. I have to invest time to enjoy it. If I want to play something else, that'll take away from my enjoyment of the game to some degree.

Still, look out for a Happy_Fun EU server, especially on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings (UK time). That'll be me and my budski's. We're super-newbie friendly, playing the game more for fun than victory. I'll give those struggling plenty of chances to gain moral victories, and I don't let anyone get locked down for too long such that it becomes frustrating. As my frined pointed out, for balance the game ought to have more equipment for smaller zones, giving the losing team a boost, rather than creating a Monopoly like no-win situation (although we still managed to break out and seize the central fortress!)

I'll keep an eye out for that server.

And that's interesting Shifty. I've always viewed WH as dip in and out (unless you are one of those psychotically good players). When I haven't played for a while I'll get back into it by (attempting to) playing smarter.

What I mean is that after a break I won't necessarily jump straight into a WH. I'll stick to capturing bases, laying mines, shelling and so on. It works quite well on bigger maps of course. Then feeling a bit more adventurous I'll, dun dun dun, jump in a tank and so on. Finally I will be ready to be a very average pilot again. Just think about the point scoring system and try to stick to scoring those points - and you can score points from a variety of activities.

But don't take it to extremes: I was teamkilled whilst carrying the enemy flag recently!

And that's interesting Shifty. I've always viewed WH as dip in and out (unless you are one of those psychotically good players). When I haven't played for a while I'll get back into it by (attempting to) playing smarter.

I use to dip in and out also, but more in longer timespans.When there is no decent game out at the moment I always come back to Warhawk.
If you can live with the small line between fun and frustration it`s still an amazing online game - even with newer competition out there.
I work shifts so I`m not on at specific times ,but if anyone wants to add me - PSN name is here on the left...
<--------

What I mean is that after a break I won't necessarily jump straight into a WH. I'll stick to capturing bases, laying mines, shelling and so on. It works quite well on bigger maps of course. Then feeling a bit more adventurous I'll, dun dun dun, jump in a tank and so on. Finally I will be ready to be a very average pilot again. Just think about the point scoring system and try to stick to scoring those points - and you can score points from a variety of activities.

But don't take it to extremes: I was teamkilled whilst carrying the enemy flag recently!

Meh. Can't really get back into WH. I don't particularly want to play ranked games now as I'm messing up my stats.

Haha, I just had an awful experience too. I was really quite bad; got to be Hero and managed to kill no one.

I guess every game has a shelf life. I've always thought Incog did a great job reinvigorating - the new maps were great for that (although BM -> OD).

Maybe 1.5 will get you to join in again. But, let's be honest, there's plenty other things out there to take up your time.

Cheers.

Is this a concern for online game devs, that the game will lose it's appeal as it needs that investment all players get left behind? Should they be targeting better balancing so the experienced aren't always way out in front? Or is this a good thing leaving the door open for sequels?

Is this a concern for online game devs, that the game will lose it's appeal as it needs that investment all players get left behind? Should they be targeting better balancing so the experienced aren't always way out in front? Or is this a good thing leaving the door open for sequels?

I don't know...but why should they care? A year later, what's the point. All it needs is the initial purchase.

Back