Warhawk discussion*

And while I'm grumbling, why do they even have a CTF mode? Every game I've played, some wazzock on both teams grabs the flag and hides in a corner without dropping it off. I guess they get points over time for holding onto it. If not, what's the point? If so, why have that as an option if it's just going to create cheaters? Whatever the reason, CTF is basically a random shooting match without the shooting objective.

The CTF's you've played...I've never had that happen. They are always good because I bloody make it happen. In fact I love playing CTF with my friends, because we rule and make everybody work well together. And there are loads of people who know what to do.

You don't get any points for how long you hold the flag. What you have are people sabotaging your team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the upgrade of the 50 cal. guns. Now they are a really useful weapon and they can take quite a few hits. I love ripping thru tanks with them.

You don't get any points for how long you hold the flag. What you have are people sabotaging your team.
Yeah, I tried a local game and there was no getting points. But someone on both teams sabotages, every time. And on the couple of occasions I've looked at the scores they seem to be top. :???:.

Yeah, I tried a local game and there was no getting points. But someone on both teams sabotages, every time. And on the couple of occasions I've looked at the scores they seem to be top. :???:.

Maybe they've discovered a bug? I've been in CTF games where people have slid down the side a the cliff and just sat there, the only way to get the flag back is wing surf!

I've heard of this practice a few times but have never experienced it. Hmm.

Just played some this morning. Even though I couldn't be bothered switching on my BT headset had a couple of really enjoyable games, CTF and Zones. What was even more disturbing was the fact that I was playing with total strangers!

What's the thinking on the B3D clan? As you may recall slider left soon after deepbrown and Jaeyden. Yeah I know; rearrange these words into a sentence "slider", "rat", "leaving", "sinking" and "ship".

With Shifty perhaps on board and patsu making bold claims too maybe we'll have enough for a bit of a get together? I'm sure (hope!) a few others would also join in for such an auspicous occasion. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever a meeting with a specific time and date is announced here, I will try to join in, pregnant wife permitting. :)

With Shifty perhaps on board and patsu making bold claims too.
I'm making no bold games to B3D team-up! I'm way too casual and can't really timetable a time to play if a game is organized. I just pick up and play when the chance arises, which isn't very often.

I'm making no bold games to B3D team-up! I'm way too casual and can't really timetable a time to play if a game is organized. I just pick up and play when the chance arises, which isn't very often.

I was trying to provoke a repsonse - you bit but patsu hasn't (as yet!).

I think the last time some kind soul hosted a server for B3D v. GAF the turnout from our side was really low. One of the absentees was me - I'd had trouble getting online.

I understand totally where you're coming from; often finding something else to do on my way home from work. But don't rule yourself out completely; you may surprise yourself.

Bearing in mind I've gone lonewolf I don't know the status of the clan. I'm guessing it's a bit lifeless at the mo. Don't think Arwin ever joined fulltime(?) but much like me he's a maybe too.

I was trying to provoke a repsonse - you bit but patsu hasn't (as yet!).

I tried to defend my good name, but half way through, decided that my nick is not worth defending. As long as people keep playing Warhawk, some day I will jump in.

:D

:LOL:

Well I'd hope everyone with the game will give it a decent chance.

Having pretty much stuck with the DM mode since I've had the game, I've recently discovered the depths of CTF and Zones. But then having discovered those delights I've become frustrated playing with random people who very rarely work to any strategy... (my fault as much as anyone's - I rarely switch my headset on).

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. At the very least I hope one of us will host a game where we can blast some familiar faces!

More CTF games yesterday (where we were repeatedly butt-wipped and felt like newbs once again!) explained what was going on with the flag hoggers - you can't drop off the flag if your own flag is nicked. So both teams having both flags was a stalemate, and those with the flags could do nothing but hide.

More CTF games yesterday (where we were repeatedly butt-wipped and felt like newbs once again!) explained what was going on with the flag hoggers - you can't drop off the flag if your own flag is nicked. So both teams having both flags was a stalemate, and those with the flags could do nothing but hide.

Hahaha...Shifty! Bless :LOL:

Okay, what am I missing with regards one shot kills? I've taken down a dropship and it takes a couple of homing missiles and a good bit of shooting to do it. It takes takes more than on AAM volley, and plenty of shoulder-mount missiles too. Yet I've been flying one and then *bang* I'm dead, no lock on, and a plane flying past. I'm not convinced a TOW is happening as the plane is in a fly-past. And I've had the dropship taken out twice this way. I've also been taken out in a Warhawk in one missile, often in a head-on attack (no lock on) whereas my homing missiles never kill a healthy plane in one hit. Likewise I've been in a tank and then *bang* it's dead! No weapon can do that, although it's just occurred to me maybe in that case that's binoculars? But there wasn't any green indicator.

So what's going on here? Do missiles do more damage the shorter the distance they travel, accounting for fuel payload? Or is there some trick weapon, maybe binoculars that target if you track a slow victim, that can kill the toughest of vehicles in a single strike?

Okay, what am I missing with regards one shot kills? I've taken down a dropship and it takes a couple of homing missiles and a good bit of shooting to do it. It takes takes more than on AAM volley, and plenty of shoulder-mount missiles too. Yet I've been flying one and then *bang* I'm dead, no lock on, and a plane flying past. I'm not convinced a TOW is happening as the plane is in a fly-past. And I've had the dropship taken out twice this way. I've also been taken out in a Warhawk in one missile, often in a head-on attack (no lock on) whereas my homing missiles never kill a healthy plane in one hit. Likewise I've been in a tank and then *bang* it's dead! No weapon can do that, although it's just occurred to me maybe in that case that's binoculars? But there wasn't any green indicator.

So what's going on here? Do missiles do more damage the shorter the distance they travel, accounting for fuel payload? Or is there some trick weapon, maybe binoculars that target if you track a slow victim, that can kill the toughest of vehicles in a single strike?

In regards to Warhawks - people can TOW you very quickly and then boost off. Or it can be a homing missile that they let go just as they're passing you....they can give you one quick fire of shooting to take your health down far enough to kill you in one go with a homing missile.

Yes, and for the other times, most of the time you are immediately dead, it's either the airstrike, or that special missile that you can pilot almost anywhere using a special on board camera and the sixaxis (or whatever you choose as default controls)

Yes, and for the other times, most of the time you are immediately dead, it's either the airstrike, or that special missile that you can pilot almost anywhere using a special on board camera and the sixaxis (or whatever you choose as default controls)
TOW :)

Tournament and update 1.4 coming !

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/05/14/warhawk-ggl-tournament/

Tournament registration is already underway and will continue until June 29th. The competition officially starts on May 27th and will run until July 27th. Teams are already forming and playing in the practice ladder.

On a semi-related note, the team and I have been pretty quiet lately…it’s not because we have gone away! We’re just cranking away on our next FREE update for all of our global players, the Warhawk v1.4 update! Stay tuned to the blog for more info.

Warhawk 1.4 in 48 hours

:LOL: Perhaps to avoid the PS3 crowd tomorrow, Dylan Jobe decided to release Warhawk 1.4 info today:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/14/warhawk-v14-update-“free-gameplay-modes”/

Enhancements include:
* New Gameplay Mode "Hero"
* New Gameplay Mode “Collection”
* Quick-Join
* Mini-Map Update
* Rank & Award Updates
* TOW Missile
* Minimum Rank Server Option
* Respawn Selection Hint
* Updates for Home Game Launching

Now players that are launching/connecting to Warhawk games from Home can designate which team they will be assigned to before the server is started. Warhawk’s Support of Home Game Launching now also supports the new Hero and Collection gameplay modes.

* Afterburner Flight to Hover Transition
* Team Deathmatch Scoring
* New "Winning Team" Ribbon
* Kick-Idle Player Server Option

You forgot the best part. :p You don't need any of the expansion packs to get the Platinum Trophy (once Trophy support is added, that is)! Kudos to Incog for doing that. Expansion packs will, apparently, still have there own trophies.

Back