Warhawk discussion*

As Arwin said we need a way to coordinate meetings - I don't think the Warhawk community here is big enough to manage a general "10:00 GMT" arrangement. I'll have a think and PM you. Don't give up on us yet!

I didn't even know that there was a general 10:00 GMT arrangement! :D (I guess that's my fault though probably )

I see...

Whilst I was on I only saw Jaeyden online. But that was earlier in the day.

As Arwin said we need a way to coordinate meetings - I don't think the Warhawk community here is big enough to manage a general "10:00 GMT" arrangement. I'll have a think and PM you. Don't give up on us yet!

Generally I am trying to gage who plays and how often....and I have to say I've been disappointed. If there were more people playing I would have updated with official meets etc. Jaeyden and Scarecrow seem to be the only ones playing now.

Jaeyden has since moved to the Gaf clan....the guys I mostly play with now. It's no secret I'm a member of Neogaf and I might join Jaeyden.

Perhaps wait on the nature of the clan for Home to appear, assuming it won't be too far off? Just leave it in a non-event stasis for now, and then see if Home or other system updates enable better cooperation, and if not, chuck in the towel then.

Perhaps wait on the nature of the clan for Home to appear, assuming it won't be too far off? Just leave it in a non-event stasis for now, and then see if Home or other system updates enable better cooperation, and if not, chuck in the towel then.

Good point. And the rumoured Warhawk Home integration does sound pretty sweet. But I have a feeling community is community. When Home launches if there's only deep, Scarecrow and me online consider it dead in the water. :(

Generally I am trying to gage who plays and how often....and I have to say I've been disappointed. If there were more people playing I would have updated with official meets etc. Jaeyden and Scarecrow seem to be the only ones playing now.

Jaeyden has since moved to the Gaf clan....the guys I mostly play with now. It's no secret I'm a member of Neogaf and I might join Jaeyden.

I had a feeling this was going to pan out this way. Shame really because I'd fought hard not to join the GAF* clan (don't tell them I said that!).

*I had a feeling that's where Jaeyden had gone - if he wasn't so good I'd hunt him down and teach him a lesson...

i'm sure there will be a surge, but I'm playing the game now. Slider I'll make you the new clan leader if you don't mind.

Captain Deep resigns.:cool:

Warhawk is my first title for PS3...and it's annoying! I bought the download so don't have a manual. Is there some lock-on button or some trick to targeting? If I'm in a bird straffing troops, the left stick is too inaccurate to pin anything on them. Likewise tanks. But if I'm on the shooting end of a flyer they don't seem to have this trouble. Also do people gain hitpoints with rank? I can pour lead into some poor sucker, or shell all around them, and they still keep running. I don't have half that resilience!

The game desperately needs some training levels with targets for newbies to practice on. The real game doesn't give you chance to practice key skills. The best you can manage is to run a local game and get some flying time in, but that's not going to help a great deal in shaking enemies, straffing, targeting, using vehicles, etc.

Warhawk is my first title for PS3...and it's annoying! I bought the download so don't have a manual. Is there some lock-on button or some trick to targeting? If I'm in a bird straffing troops, the left stick is too inaccurate to pin anything on them. Likewise tanks. But if I'm on the shooting end of a flyer they don't seem to have this trouble. Also do people gain hitpoints with rank? I can pour lead into some poor sucker, or shell all around them, and they still keep running. I don't have half that resilience!

The game desperately needs some training levels with targets for newbies to practice on. The real game doesn't give you chance to practice key skills. The best you can manage is to run a local game and get some flying time in, but that's not going to help a great deal in shaking enemies, straffing, targeting, using vehicles, etc.

Lack of training was a big oversight, but the Pop-Up windows for each weapon do explain the basics. Of course, the problem is, in a real game, you'll hardly have time to look at them nor less read them. Which is where hosting a local game, and just trying everything out comes in handy (reset the help pop ups in the options). That will allow you to read the help bubbles, and get accustomed to the controls. In the meantime, here's the manual.

If you really want to learn how to handle a Warhawk (after getting accustomed to the controls) get into a Dogfight server and stay there for a while. That way, when you get back to normal matches using a Warhawk will feel like 2nd nature.

Man, you're brave Shifty. Warhawk is a deep and training-intensive game (though entertaining to many and admirably supported by its developers). The flip side is if you made it there, then perhaps it will encourage my lazy *ss to dig in. :devilish:

That's what the clan was for :) So talk to the clan leader.

Lack of training was a big oversight, but the Pop-Up windows for each weapon do explain the basics. Of course, the problem is, in a real game, you'll hardly have time to look at them nor less read them. Which is where hosting a local game, and just trying everything out comes in handy (reset the help pop ups in the options). That will allow you to read the help bubbles, and get accustomed to the controls. In the meantime, here's the manual.

If you really want to learn how to handle a Warhawk (after getting accustomed to the controls) get into a Dogfight server and stay there for a while. That way, when you get back to normal matches using a Warhawk will feel like 2nd nature.

Says person who I've never seen play Warhawk...

Who's the clan leader Deep? Or Capt. Deep as I used to call you! :p

(I still don't know exactly how Zones works - although I could take a pretty good guess - and only ever play DM or TDM. I certainly didn't feel confident enough to be clan leader.)

I'm ashamed to admit that I played a little earlier on and... resigned from the clan.

I don't particularly care about being the bad-est group out there (I get that vibe from the GAF clan!) - I just want to mess around and have a bit of a hoot.

I'm hoping with Shifty and maybe a couple of other regulars from round here (patsu and possibly Arwin?) things may take off again. Of course my slight against B3D may count against me but you never know...

After the beta, I'd played only once as the lack of matchmaking kills me.
But if you guys have friendly matches and odd number of noobs, I can make it even for team matches. :)
ps: slider, I doubt patsu will join, just a hunch of course.

Who's the clan leader Deep? Or Capt. Deep as I used to call you! :p

(I still don't know exactly how Zones works - although I could take a pretty good guess - and only ever play DM or TDM. I certainly didn't feel confident enough to be clan leader.)

I'm ashamed to admit that I played a little earlier on and... resigned from the clan.

I don't particularly care about being the bad-est group out there (I get that vibe from the GAF clan!) - I just want to mess around and have a bit of a hoot.

I'm hoping with Shifty and maybe a couple of other regulars from round here (patsu and possibly Arwin?) things may take off again. Of course my slight against B3D may count against me but you never know...

You were the clan leader....so I think you leaving means the clan was disbanded...:???:

Really? God, I really don't know what I'm doing.

When I checked the clan board there was no icon next to my PSN name so I thought I was safe.

Sorry to all. :(

I just played for a few hours, and the clan seems to be intact. I didn't check to see who's leader now though. Will do that next time. Finally used the chat button successfully for the first time by the way, so there's some progress ... :D

Shifty, that's just what I did - I set up a local match, so that I could fly around by myself. Then I joined with a second controller, so I could practice some different kinds of kills and lock-ons on a dummy. That's a good way to get the basics down. Then just start playing simple stuff, like anti-air missiles only, or tanks only, and watch how other people play their roles.

Since you have a regular group of local players, you should do some four player split screen sessions with just warhawks and stuff, to practice and have some fun. If I had any of those kinds of friends around, I'm sure I would be pretty good by now. ;)

Says person who I've never seen play Warhawk...

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I've been stealth playing lately, sneaking in a few play sessions here and there, under my super secret aliases (Darthrawn-JP and Darthrawn-EU), while I get back into the groove of things. Got to shake that rust off.

I`m not in the clan anymore ( two man clan with a buddy now) but I play fairly regular now. Usually people can find me in the EU-CTF lvl.2/3 servers.
I played against Deepbrown there, I think it was Friday ?

ps: slider, I doubt patsu will join, just a hunch of course.

:oops: It's not that I won't join the clan. It's just that I have not found enough motivation to hone my Warhawk skills.

I used to leave my PS3 running 24/7. I bought Warhawk initially to serve games for the GAF clan (and then may be play occasionally). Unfortunately, my office "public" network rejected all incoming traffic, so that plan was smoked :(

Now with all the other new games and my increasing work load, my Warhawk disc has stayed in its case since my practice run 2 months ago. In fact, I lent it to a friend hoping that he would get some use out of it.

I am keeping the disc because I respect what Incognito has done for PS3 users. Their bold decision to cut SP and focus solely on MP for quality reasons, plus their extremely strong follow-up shames many developers. But I should have bought the PSN version to encourage some playtime.

Back