Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader (a new classic CRPG from Owlcat Games)

CRPG in the classical sense of a Computer Role Playing Game.

As a huge Warhammer fan (both Fantasy and 40k), it can be kind of sad sometimes to see the sea of mediocre and sometimes downright bad titles released by developer's that you've never heard of.

But sometimes a top tier developer (For example Creative Assembly) reaches out to Games Workshop to create a top tier Warhammer game.

So, I'm incredibly excited that the developers of the Pathfinder CRPG games have tapped Games Workshop to get a license to create a Warhammer 40k title.

What's so great about this? Owlcat Games not only make excellent top down isometric CRPGs, they are also incredibly huge Lore nerds (their games are infused with just GOBS of Lore and background, etc.).

What gaming IP probably has the most Lore in existence? Warhammer, especially 40k. Hell, there's like over 40 novels chronicling the events of the Horus Heresy! There's 6 novels just for the Siege of Terra (the culmination of the Horus Heresy)! There's a plethora of novels going into other events both past and present within the Warhammer universe (both Fantasy and 40k) that it can be dizzying.

This is like a match made in heaven. Holy cow I can't wait for this to come out.

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
I'll most likely pick this up. Love warhammer but can never get anyone near me to play. Let me know if anyone wants to friend up

Back