VF5 Launch Tournament: 3 PM Today @ Metreon

ban25

Veteran
Supporter
I thought about posting this in the VF5 thread, but given the time-sensitive nature, I decided to make a new thread. Mods can merge this in with the other thread later.

VF5 is available at the Playstation Store at the Metreon and they are running a Launch Tournament from 3 PM to 5 PM today. Prizes include a signed copy of the game, backpacks, strategy guides, etc.

I don't know what kind of setup they will have, but the game is currently looping through the attract mode on the large display in the demo area of the store. I am going to try to get out of the office for a few hours to go down there and compete. I'll get my arcade stick and practice a bit first (time permitting).

Bay Area VFers take note: this could be a chance to win a signed copy of VF5!

Heres the ad on it.

VF5flyer_Page_1.jpg
VF5flyer_Page_2.jpg

I would love to go, despite not being a great VF player, but unfortunately I'm on the other side of the country. :(

I just got back. Unfortunately I was unable to participate in the tournament due to a lunch meeting that ran late. Nevertheless, there was a good size crowd and I took some cell phone pictures which I may upload later. SEGA representatives were there and handing out "VF5" backpacks to players with (I think) strategy guides inside. I was a bit surprised to see the event conducted with gamepads, but it was a somewhat casual affair (and when I arrived in the morning to pick up the game, they had not even set up the area and units for the tournament to take place).

I'm eager to give it a try later tonight on the FS3 and see how well that works out. The graphics look fantastic, and now that the early Tekken 6 trailer has surfaced, I would say it has the edge visually over all other current fighters. Of course, the gameplay is what really counts, and the VF series has always delivered in this sense.

I picked it up today and sank a good six hours into it. It's every bit as good if not better than VF4:Evolution. The only thing that sucks is that I can't use my PS2 fighting stick with it. I don't like the lollipop fighting sticks, so I'm probably stuck with the sixaxis until a converter comes out.

Back