Value of NXGamer technical investigation videos *spawn

This is not true. The 2060S is a regular comparison point in DF's videos which are the Gold standard for this type of thing.

So it's not true because you named a SINGLE channel that on occasion uses an RTX2060 in their videos?

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.

I love how people have been so offended by me saying DLSS isn't in a lot of games.

It's not, that's just pure fact.

DLSS is just another reconstruction technology available to the pc platform. If you cant run DLSS due to lack of support or hardware, there is FSR, while not as good as DLSS, its a nice runner-up and isnt tied to 2018 and up NV hardware.
Theres probably more reconstruction/upscaling support on the pc vs the console platform.

As I've said previously, give it a few years for AMD (And now Intel's) GPU hardware to evolve a long with DirectML and DLSS will end up like PhysX....dead.

I dont DLSS will die. It will probably evolve. AMD/intel will or have their own hardware and software and they will improve aswell.
Physx didnt die btw.

YouTube channels and PC gamers are so concerned with comparing the absolute best hardware to console, why? Developers don't even care about that hardware, it's too exotic, too expensive and simply not common enough for them to care.

Scaling has become the norm these days, more so then in the past. You have AAA games running on the switch, to PS4, XSS, PS5 and XSX to PC. You get better framerates, higher resolutons, higher rasterization settings aswell as the ability to run ray tracing (or at higher settings). You go up in tiers accordingly.

I was on here when the Rendition Verite was the new hotness, and I was beta testing the Nvidia NV1 with Virtua Fighter.

Now, thats intresting. Miss those days.

No DLSS isn't on your average gpu but the PS5 or XSX isn't in your average gamer's home.

Using a 3090 against a PS5 while ignoring features like DLSS is like comparing 3090 against a PS5 while turning on DLSS for the 3090 and using a PS4 title (even if a native PS5 port existed) on a PS5 in basic BC mode (just plain jane PS4 performance and IQ). The fact that most console gamers own a PS4 and the PS5 makes up but a small fraction of the overall userbase is poor justification for making such a comparison.

Last edited:
So it's not true because you named a SINGLE channel that on occasion uses an RTX2060 in their videos?

Sorry but I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.
The "single", overwhelmingly most popular platform comparison channel.

Who even does these deep dives? There are plenty of channels that will do side-by-side benchmark video runs with no commentary, but there are very few channels who actually narrate/illustrate the differences and offer their explanations of why we might be seeing what we are. These explanations offered are at the heart of the critique here, not simply the hardware chosen for the comparison.

No DLSS isn't on your average gpu but the PS5 or XSX isn't in your average gamer's home.

Using a 3090 against a PS5 while ignoring features like DLSS is like comparing 3090 against a PS5 while turning on DLSS for the 3090 and using a PS4 title (even if a native PS5 port existed) on a PS5 in basic BC mode (just plain jane PS4 performance and IQ). The fact that the majority of console gamers don't own a PS4 and the PS5 makes up but a small fraction of the overall userbase is poor justification for making such a comparison.

And why did he HAVE to use DLSS in his video?

He doesnt have to use DLSS, he doesnt have to use FSR. In fact he can do his comparisons as however he wishes to do them, its his own little YT channel. Though, he can expect some critism by doing flawed comparisons.

Anybody is entitled to compare a game running on a 6700 at 1080p/med-high settings to a 6900XT running native 4k at ultra settings while its choking at almost 100 degrees celcius and call the 6700 running the game as fast. But..... lol.

Ultra settings are hammering, sometimes with not much visible effect.

DF's popularity is completely irrelevant to the point in my comment.
Your original 'point' is irrelevant.

Judging the supposed influence by using the simplistic metric of the # of different channels that potentially feature more midrange PC cards is meaningless if they all add up to a fraction of the viewers that DF has. Actual amount of eyeballs on the material counts vs. how segregated the other sources are.

Again, who are you talking about here?
YouTube channels and PC gamers are so concerned with comparing the absolute best hardware to console, why?
Who are these 'youtube channels' that are 'so concerned' with only comparing the best PC hardware to consoles? Are you talking about simple benchmark reel footage sites that show say, a 3080 next to a PS5 version with no commentary?

It like you going, "Hey in my comparison car B with turbo charger goes a fast as car A!!!"

Then I tap you on the shoulder, "Hey car A comes with nitrous oxide bottles which you didn't bother to use."

Your response would be, "Hey most car don't come with nitrous oxide support!"

My response would be, "You aren't comparing car B to most cars, you are comparing it to car A where nitrous oxide is a standard feature."

Your response would be, "Why do I have to use nitrous oxide?!"

My response would be, "You don't unless you want your original statement to mirror the truth."

Last edited:
It like you going, "Hey in my comparison car B with turbo charger goes a fast as car A!!!"

Then I tap you on the shoulder, "Hey car A comes with nitrous oxide bottles which you didn't bother to use."

My response would be, "You aren't comparing car B to most cars, you are comparing it to car A where nitrous oxide is a standard feature."

A car analogy, sigh.

The comparison would still be valid, regardless if you agree with it's fairness or not.

So what should people say then?
They are free to pick whatever metric they want. They just have to qualify it and then debate on like terms. If trying to convince someone else of a position different to yours, you need to explain why; for example, total RTX install base is a more significant metric to measure NGX content by that proportion of the PC install base. Instead, what happened here is a counter measure was thrown out like a...countermeasure! No argument was placed behind it - you just fired "24 million RT GPUs" in response to "not many PCs have RTX", neither of which really focuses on the choice of metric nor explains the argument behind the evidence. It's like a court case where people just throw various bagged items and photographs in front of the jury!

Your response would be, "Why do I have to use nitrous oxide?!"

My response would be, "You don't unless you want your original statement to mirror the truth."

Yay, car analogies. :D

I think a better example might be using 2 vehicles which have launch control. However, you are unable to turn off launch control on one of the vehicles.

Then you go and compare the two vehicles in a drag race but deliberately leave launch control disabled on the vehicle that has that option.

Or...

2 track capable cars. One of which is always in track configuration (lower to the ground, stiffer suspension settings,etc.) while another faster and more expensive car has multiple options, two of which are track configuration (similar to the other car) and every day driving configuration (higher off the ground, softer suspension with more travel, etc.)

Then you race them around the track but deliberately leave the configurable car in the generic everyday driving configuration and then declare the first car to be just as good as the more expensive car in track racing because it tied the more expensive car in the race which was deliberately handicapped. :p

Regards,
SB

Back