US salaries question

Manhattan is pretty inexpensive aside from the rent (or if your company/school/whatever finds you a place). It is not like London where you spend an absolute fortune on cabs and everything under the sun. Things like laundry, food, cleaning materials are readily findable for not so much (if you know where to go)

Sounds exactly like London to me. Not sure why you'd need to take cabs all the time in London but not Manhattan.

Well this is not something i'm actively planning so if it happens, we're talking in one or more years, not months!! :D

By then the USA will be a disrupted third-world country anyway, so your dilemma will be resolved automatically.

Ok, I'll stop derailing the thread now :)

By then the USA will be a disrupted third-world country anyway, so your dilemma will be resolved automatically.

Ok, I'll stop derailing the thread now :)

Still be a better place than Europe .... by the way how is that euro doing ?:oops:

eastmen: euro is about to go the way of the dodo in a few weeks or months, of course. It's 80% backed by the dollar btw, so when (not if, but when) euro goes titsup, dollar will instantly follow.

Mize: that indeed is a great thing, at least something to be happy about.

eastmen: euro is about to go the way of the dodo in a few weeks or months, of course. It's 80% backed by the dollar btw, so when (not if, but when) euro goes titsup, dollar will instantly follow.

Really?? Cause now it's so disproportioned compared to the pound, it's ridiculous! I go to Italy and i can't buy anything, it's crazy!

Why do you wonder, the UK fucked up even worse than the rest of EU. Look at the Obama thread in RPSC if you're interested, it was discussed there so no need to spoil your thread with that discussion.

Ah, but at least we won't have to eat English cuisine.

At least it's better than German cuisine.

I see _xxx_ has made another one of his predictions. Who's going to place a bet with him that the Euro will still exist "in a couple of months"?

How is this "another one"? Seems there all basically the same.

hehe OK. Another very specific prediction that will be easily verifiable in a relative short spate of time.

a) Has the United States descended into anarchy?
b) Has the Euro been scrapped?

I'm saving bottle caps since they'll probably be the new world currency after the collapse of civilization.
Oh, and since the world is ending I bought a new car today. Yippeee!

At least it's better than German cuisine.

ROTFLMAO, no comment :LOL: (and no, I'm not German at all)

I see _xxx_ has made another one of his predictions.

No, this is still a part of the same prediction that Albuquerque has in his sig. And yes, 1.1.2011 is the day we'll look at it (if we're still here and still have a working connection).

I definitely would put German above traditional English.
In fact, I would put English on par with traditional foods from Anhui province (China). :)
Now Modern "English" (which is comprised mainly of Indian and Italian cuisine) is quite good. After all, the most popular dish in England is Tika Masala.

hehe OK. Another very specific prediction that will be easily verifiable in a relative short spate of time.

a) Has the United States descended into anarchy?
b) Has the Euro been scrapped?

I don't think you understand the political theory of anarchy.

Back