Upscaling Technology Has Become A Crutch

Yes. FSR is only good at 1440p native resolution. DLSS is better in lower pixel density. But DLSS doesn't exist on consoles. My post is about current generation consoles.
It's a shame that consoles are so far behind on a technology that they need so much. In a time when hardware costs are not going down it is extremely important to get things like this right.

It's a shame that consoles are so far behind on a technology that they need so much. In a time when hardware costs are not going down it is extremely important to get things like this right.
This console gen was created at the perfect time to miss out on the major improvements that would have made them "next gen" (graphics wise).

Instead we have this ankward middle ground where developers want to use technologies that aren't really fit for what those consoles can do.

It's the ps3-360 all over again (but nowhere near as terrible).

Looking at PS4 performance, it could have been delayed another couple of years. Get PS4 looking really ropey and then present something far more compelling for a next gen. Although a calculation of lost hours due to people still using slow loading systems and no quick resume would probably show the cost to civilisation too high to bear! ;)

Looking at PS4 performance, it could have been delayed another couple of years. Get PS4 looking really ropey and then present something far more compelling for a next gen. Although a calculation of lost hours due to people still using slow loading systems and no quick resume would probably show the cost to civilisation too high to bear! ;)
I still have a PS4, and I tried some recent games on it. On the 1080p 32" inch screen that I got downstairs, games still look completely fine. That memory bandwidth and gpu is still great.

Back