Untold Legends Reviews

Sad to say but I was expecting this game to get better after seeing the initial pictures from before...
oh wells, one less game to get :)

Well, just as they promised, they focused on "what made the two PSP games so popular": they hope that someone buys it on impulse due to lack of genre competitors... ;)

But this time Marvel Ultimate Alliance is just around the corner. And it would supprise me if it was worse than Untold Legends...

Aw, but I was really looking forward to running around in a bunch of randomly-generated sewers that are filled with crates and barrels, for some reason.

ealier footage and screen cap (not so great) look like cg now lol
ugly, jaggies, slowdown...
They should have delay this game...

:oops: You must be confusing this game with something else. It's never looked good, and certainly not CG!
I was trying to be ironic ;) I agree with you.

this game has never looked good, but I find these pics worse than ealier footages.
bad aliasing, textures look a lot less sharp, etc...
Maybe bad captures + compression + badly downscaled pics don't help.

Given that the PS3 has backwards compatibility, it already has much better action RPGs for it. Particularly Justice League Heroes. Marvel Ultimate Alliance in 1080p looks good too...

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a very fun even addictive high quality game. on x360. so i'm sure that unless someone broke it in teh meantime it will be great on PS3 as well

Unfortunately, it seems like any game that lets you run around collecting rare items and upgrading your character's equipment can succeed, no matter how horribly inane, derivative, or half-assed it is. I hope this game fails because it deserves to fail, but you know there must be a reason they made a third one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, it seems like any game that lets you run around collecting rare items and upgrading your character's equipment can succeed, no matter how horribly inane, derivative, or half-assed it is.
In fact one of the criticisms raised in the 1up review is that you can't even do that in this game :LOL:
They say the best equipment is in the shops, while drops are universally worthless.

LOL - exactly like in the PSP games (at least the first one i really played through once).

Is it really so hard to provide console/handheld gamers with an experience on par or near Diablo 2? Six years and still not a single game ever even came close (on any system). But i'd like to finally play something like that with a gamepad. :|

LOL - exactly like in the PSP games (at least the first one i really played through once).

Is it really so hard to provide console/handheld gamers with an experience on par or near Diablo 2? Six years and still not a single game ever even came close (on any system). But i'd like to finally play something like that with a gamepad. :|

The first Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance comes pretty close, IMO. It's not as complex as Diablo 2, but it had some damn good 2-player gameplay.

The question I ask myself all the time is: do we really need another Diablo 2? If a game came out that was like Diablo 2 but "better", would we want to play it? IMO, dungeon crawling is a style of gameplay that is great the first or second time, but gets VERY stale after that.

The first Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance comes pretty close, IMO. It's not as complex as Diablo 2, but it had some damn good 2-player gameplay.

The question I ask myself all the time is: do we really need another Diablo 2? If a game came out that was like Diablo 2 but "better", would we want to play it? IMO, dungeon crawling is a style of gameplay that is great the first or second time, but gets VERY stale after that.
Isn't that like saying 'do we really need another First Person Shooter' or 'do we need another Soccer game'? The genre is only stale because it's not being developed, which is likely because it doesn't get much attention, but it's very important to its fans, especially in coop play where you don't need splitscreen. There's definitely room for next-gen dungeon crawlers IMO, and I'm eager to see SnowBlind Studios next effort (assuming it is in this vein, which seems likely).

Champions of Norrath owned ... but there may be hope with the Dungeon Siege and D&D games coming to the PSP at least.

As for Untold Legends, I'm sure it's crap, but I'm also sure that 1up.com isn't making it onto my 'reliable reviewers' list.

Back