Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom Update

Pretty crappy, the redesign of teh main character is alot better but still, it looks worse than Kameo, a 2005 xbox1 port, what's up with that? i know it's still in development, but really I expect alot more from a late 2006 title.

scooby_dooby said:
Pretty crappy, the redesign of teh main character is alot better but still, it looks worse than Kameo, a 2005 xbox1 port, what's up with that? i know it's still in development, but really I expect alot more from a late 2006 title.
Hey ,it's SOE ,no miracle is to be expected

looks better than it did before, but still looks very iffy. im probably one of the few who enjoyed the psp version, if they offer more things to do in this one i can see myself picking this up a few weeks after launch.

Yep still looks like poop although I don't think too many people think this game would be setting any new standards in graphics and gameplay.

Ben-Nice said:
Yep still looks like poop although I don't think too many people think this game would be setting any new standards in graphics and gameplay.
I agree and this is not a game that I'm presently interested in. My only real concern... getting this news posted before Titanio posted it. :p:LOL:

-aldo

I don't know...Either you guys have really high standards or I have really low, but this doesn't look that bad. It improved a lot...It's one of those filler game, I'm willing to pay $30 for.

It's not bad looking, but it lacks almost all next-gen features! The grass doesn't sway with the character walking through it, the lighting is very current gen and static, and generally it looks like a PS2 with more poly's and higher resolution. It lacks anything special. Which is a shame as I'm a fan of this sort of game coop.

Platon said:
I really hope this refers to the BR drive or something and not more essential stuff like RSX/cell...

Final dev kits, RSX/Cell/Controller/BDROM, shipped out after E3. Well, they were suppose to have shipped out after E3, towards the end of May. I have no reason to assume they didn’t, since there has been no complaints of delay.

Bad_Boy said:
Untold Legends: DK dev blog
http://darkkingdom.station.sony.com/
regardless if you are interested in the game or not, it's a very good read.

*thx to backbreaker over at e-mpire.
Really interesting, thanks!
So they chose the safest way to make it to the launch by building the engine only with PPE and offloading things to SPEs after most things are done.
Andy Sites said:
And on the programming front, we’re really beginning to realize just how powerful the PS3 SPU’s are. The latest element that we’ve moved from the PPU (main processor) to an SPU has been our flora system, which is what generates all of the grass, schrubs, and other ground cover. By doing so, we essentially made our flora *free* (the asterisk denotes a programmer assaulting me after reading this), from a processing standpoint. Other things that will be moved to SPU in the near future are particles (spells and such), audio, and our animation system.

Not that it's an excuse but I can kind of see why the game isn't so great. They are making this game in a little over a year. Don't most "good" games take a little longer than that or is that usual the turn around time?

"Well, there you have it. Ten months of blood, sweat and empty pizza boxes, summarized in a few paragraphs"

It's similar to GuildWars in look. They've finally got some normal mapping going on, and I presume there'll be specular maps and similar. As for using the SPE's, from what we've seen of the game thus far there is no physics, so maybe they're revamping the engine and gameplay quite a bit? And radial foliage? Lots of billboarded flowers to me. Are they chaging that, or have they just added a silly name to an old idea?

All those 720p images on the blog seem to have the relatively high AA level.
Are they
1. touched up PR shots
2. rendered in 1080p
3. with 4xAA
?

Shifty Geezer said:
from what we've seen of the game thus far there is no physics, so maybe they're revamping the engine and gameplay quite a bit?

Havoc is being used.

Back