Until Dawn [PS4]

Direct feed screenshot from gaf
Is42an.jpg

It almost looks like concept art on my phone :runaway:

Getting review scores around the 8s and 9s... I really didn't need another game to buy during late August-early September :-|

Looks a bit like Heavy Rain from a gameplay point of view...is this right?

Other than that: how scary is the game?

Yes, exactly like Heavy Rain, it seems like your typical horror slasher when it comes to scariness, quite a few jump scares from what i am reading.

Judging from the few snippets I've seen, the writing is already an order of magnitude more accomplished than in your typical David Cage joint. But despite me being a huge fan of all things horror, this is something I'm gonna borrow or buy on the cheap at some point down the line.

Game Informer gave it 9 out of 10. I think this is going to be one of those titles that divides people given it's more interactive story than game. Personally I'll bite once I'm finished with Arkham Knight and Dishonoured Definitive Edition.

Initial GAF reporits of Dishonoured Definitive Edition aren't great - its' better than 360/PS3 but not a graphics overhaul like we saw with Tomb Raider and Metro Redux. I'm thinking of bumping Dishonoured and bagging Until Dawn for this bank holiday weekend.

Decisions, decisions..

Have to remember to watch Gametrailers.com slumber party run 3pm PST onwards tonight. I love these high production value walking simulators / choose your own adventure storytime experiences.

Have to remember to watch Gametrailers.com slumber party run 3pm PST onwards tonight. I love these high production value walking simulators / choose your own adventure storytime experiences.
This is my first. Neither Heavy Rain nor Beyond Two Souls appealed but I genuinely like the idea of a classic teen slasher with a ton of decision trees. :yes:

facesofuntildawnlead.jpg

The facial details are quite amazing...

The gorgeous faces and stunning cinematography of 'Until Dawn'

The PlayStation 4's latest exclusive Until Dawn is absolutely stunning visually. In particular? Its faces. By using 3D performance capture techniques that include strapping an HD camera rig attached to their heads to grab practically every minute detail and expression, the actors (including Hayden Panettiere and Peter Stormare) bring life to the characters in a pretty realistic fashion. What's really cool is that oftentimes once you let the DualShock 4 sit idle for a moment, the camera will zoom in on the face of whichever of the randy teens you're controlling. If motion controls are enabled, you can tilt the gamepad this way and that and the possibly doomed cabeza will follow suit accordingly. It's pretty neat!

Damn, I love this game. Lots of branches everywhere. You can collect clues, and getting new ones can update others, so the big picture get clearer.
Apparently, having enough hints seem to change the story at some point, or some dialogs I got wouldn't make sense.
There are butterflies that show you what effects some of your choices had, but not all of them !
They also do a very cool thing about fear, very ingenious, which I cannot spoil here.
After ~6 hours, I think I'm in the middle of it, and I already have a few dead people. Argh I'll do better next time, lots of bad decision making from me.
What's nice is that you don't really control load/save, so you need to deal with your (bad) choices. I can't wait to restart it and see how it diverges.
Graphics are nice, very atmospheric, animation is a little uncanny though.
I hate you cannot get the bonus chapter without getting the pre-order version
Recommenced for anybody who likes story-driven games

Damn, I love this game. Lots of branches everywhere. You can collect clues, and getting new ones can update others, so the big picture get clearer.
Can you tell me how big is the install is on the HDD?

Unusually the PSN page doesn't state the amount of HDD space required.

Initial GAF reporits of Dishonoured Definitive Edition aren't great - its' better than 360/PS3 but not a graphics overhaul like we saw with Tomb Raider and Metro Redux. I'm thinking of bumping Dishonoured and bagging Until Dawn for this bank holiday weekend.

Decisions, decisions..

A little bit off topic, but once I saw the trailer for Dishonoured Def. Edition I was immediately put off by the graphics. Looks like they hardly did any improvements and the game reminded me too much of a Bioshock game.

39.12 GB on disk for the blu-ray version

Many thanks! I think think I'll getting this on Blu-ray. I think it's the kind of game I will probably replay a few times a year with different choices but is sizeable enough that I'd want to delete it but be able to re-install it quickly. 40Ggb is almsot a six hour downoad for me.

A little bit off topic, but once I saw the trailer for Dishonoured Def. Edition I was immediately put off by the graphics. Looks like they hardly did any improvements and the game reminded me too much of a Bioshock game.

I wasn't expecting a huge overall for the low price but I was disappointed to read there is screen tearing.

Back