Unreal 3 engine - a first video

There's a search function for a reason. This isn't from Unreal 3. It's from the NV30 Release party 2 years ago.

Waltar said:
There's a search function for a reason. This isn't from Unreal 3. It's from the NV30 Release party 2 years ago.
Actually, I believe it was from the UnrealEngine 3, but the engine has progressed significantly since that video was made.

And btw, as far as I know, there is no Unreal 3 in development. This is the third iteration of the engine that's been talked about, not any specific game.

flick556 said:
How would search help me figure that out ?
Because this has already been posted as "look, it's UE3" and then shot down.

I got the impression the GDC demonstration was the first time UE3 had been seen in relative public, I definitely hadn't heard anything about it beforehand other than a few offhand comments from Sweeney. Watching the video though (I hadn't seen this one, only the one where the guy get clobbered with his own dismembered arm), it looks like the features all the UE3 news articles have been mentioning.

Edit: Rampant edits, my fatal flaw.

Waltar said:

Amazingly, despite seeing that topic and this topic, I managed to survive.

How about this, from Digital Extremes?

http://www.darksector.com/

Although hard shadows should not be in UE3, so I guess it's more like what Ion Storm has in DX2/Thief3, an older version of UE with heavy modifications...

Laa-Yosh said:
How about this, from Digital Extremes?

http://www.darksector.com/

Although hard shadows should not be in UE3, so I guess it's more like what Ion Storm has in DX2/Thief3, an older version of UE with heavy modifications...

1. They are calling this the Sector Engine, so it's either nothing to do with Unreal tech, or it's heavily modified Unreal tech.

2. They are saying this game won't be shipping for another couple of years. I guess when they said DS had gone onto the backburner, what they really meant is "scrapped and restarted".

According to PlanetUnreal.com, Digital Extremes is not using the Unreal Engine for that new game of theirs.

As the Dark Sector site says, "Everything that you know about Dark Sector is probably wrong."

They pretty much halted development while they make Pariah, I thought, but Ilfirin is right, Pariah is DE Toronto (formerly Brainbox). I knew they paused it for something (UT200x, not Pariah), and it looks like they've decided to do something very different, which could be a good idea given the over-saturated MMO market (which is only going to get tougher over the next year).

Pariah is being made by a completely seperate studio (in a completely seperate city).

They did, however, halt development while making ut2k3/uc (and essentially restarted the project after that).

Back