Unigine DirectX 11 benchmark

Continued with Extreme tess.
(sorry for different time but it doesn't change FPS value:oops:)

That's it for now!

Last edited by a moderator:
New version: Unigine Releases Heaven 2.1 Benchmark

Unigine launched version 2.1 of its Heaven cross-platform, cross-API 3D Graphics benchmark. The popular free benchmark application uses the builds on Unigine Heaven 2.0, with two major changes. To begin with, it supports OpenGL 4.0, a 3D graphics API that is technologically comparable to DirectX 11. Heaven 2.1 uses all of the latest features of GL 4.0, including hardware tessellation support. The second major change is the support for stereoscopic 3D, including support for several stereo 3D viewing modes such as Analygraph, separate images, 3D Vision, and iZ3D. Several other stability fixes were also introduced.

Any idea why its not running in OpenGL mode on radeons?
Driver or app issue?

You're using the OpenGL 4.0 preview drivers, right?
They're based on 10.3 Preview's, 10.4's and 10.4 Previews don't have support for OpenGL 4.0

and thanks to google and its webm format I can watch the HD stream at 10 spf (seconds-per-frame). Yay for crippling the web!

Npl said:
and thanks to google and its webm format I can watch the HD stream at 10 spf (seconds-per-frame). Yay for crippling the web!

? What kind of machine? Everything I run it on, Vita, iPad 3 and cheap pc from 2009 (using Chrome) run it smooth as butter

? What kind of machine? Everything I run it on, Vita, iPad 3 and cheap pc from 2009 (using Chrome) run it smooth as butter
uhhh.. apparently I enabled the HTLM5 beta feature sometime... runs fine now with flash

Why do you use WebM? YouTube does offer h.264 HD-videos too, you know?

edit:
Ontopic, are the Unigine tools so bad, the license expensive or why don't practicly any games use it? It's been around for quite some time, after all?

about tesselation, what does the use amd optimised (in ccc) do ?

As far as I know, there still isn't any profiles for it, meaning it doesn't do anything (though in one point there was a bug IIRC, if you first set some specific level yourself, and then click "AMD optimized" instead, the level you chose would stick even though it shouldn't)

Unigine Announces Valley GPU Benchmark

Available for Download for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux

"Living in Siberia, we wanted to show how beautiful the nature is here. It is full of contrasts, and flowers can grow through the deadfall right next to brutal mountains," said Andrey Kushner, lead technical artist at UNIGINE Corp. "It was an interesting challenge to create this huge, yet detailed world. Moreover, our engine is so flexible that we could place all objects procedurally and recreate this valley with photorealistic graphics."

Features
Extreme hardware stability testing
Per-frame GPU temperature and clock monitoring
Multi-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X
Advanced visual technologies: dynamic sky, volumetric clouds, sun shafts, DOF, ambient occlusion
64,000 square kilometers of extremely detailed, seamless terrain
Procedural object placement of vegetation and rocks
The entire valley is free to be explored in interactive fly-by or hike-through modes
User-controlled dynamic weather
Support for stereo 3D and multi-monitor configurations
Benchmarking presets
Command line automation support
Highly customizable reports in CSV format

-----------------------------------------------------------

Unigine Releases Heaven 4.0 GPU Benchmark

Tried it on my 550Ti, runs at about 26-30 fps on average in 1080p, no AA. AAx2 makes it look a bit smoother.

Anyway, looks pretty good. It doesn't blow my mind, but a nice open world nonetheless.

The foliage draw distance is just ridiculously low, especially considering it's techdemo/bench and not an actual game

The foliage draw distance is just ridiculously low, especially considering it's techdemo/bench and not an actual game
I was surprised at this myself, especially after their last demo showcased tessellation so much. To see so much object pop-in and zero tessellation at all was kind of jarring.

It is very pretty, but not really all that amazing technically, in terms of high-end features.

The rocks don't seem to have any tessellation at all and look very low polygon. Lighting and weather effects are nice.

Back