Uncharted 4 discussion [PS4] (read first post) [2016]

I believe a lot of games feel short not because of their actual length but because the gamplay possibilities aren't fully explored, and the game ends as if something was missing.
This is definetly how UC4 felt for me. From the few minutes I played of the inicial open section of Lost Legacy, it is like the game is finally allowing the player to stretch his legs and play around with all the mechanics fully. whenever that happened in UC4's campaign, it was only briefly, and then back to pushing crates or whatever. I'm not against downtime, but the balance was totally off in 4. Its an action game about going on adventures for god sake. UC4 got lost in its own ego

So right off the bat in the first 5 seconds I was floored by the visuals, still grasping the fact how they managed to cramp such ridiculous amount of details in every corner and no matter which way I turn the game maintains that insanely detailed look. Now that I've played the first three chapters, this is noticeably above UC4, the urban environment is way above actually in comparative scenes. The foliage is denser overall for sure and the playing ground is way larger. Also the game looks somewhat sharper than UC4 and the HDR implementation is more impressive as if they mastered the brightness to a much higher level. This is it for tonight, I'm literally unable to handle any more awesomeness till tomorrow:).

Yeah the chapter at night is damn impressive in terms of highlights and contrast, never seen anything close to that in U4.

They made exploration way more fun, I'm just going around collecting things and solving puzzles and not even progressing the story and I'm having a blast.

This thread is missing what we've all bought the game for:), the healthiest butt in the business of course.
2ipsnn.png

https://abload.de/img/1ktscm.png

I bought this last night but won't be able to play until Friday at the earliest. Really looking forward to it though!

Was the DLC for the Last of Us ever released separately? Because that seemed better than the main game - I have never been able to bring myself to finish it but almost want to do so just so I could play the DLC.

I bought this last night but won't be able to play until Friday at the earliest. Really looking forward to it though!

Was the DLC for the Last of Us ever released separately? Because that seemed better than the main game - I have never been able to bring myself to finish it but almost want to do so just so I could play the DLC.
Yes , Left Behind was released as a standalone. You can buy it separately although I would say play TLOU base game. It is very good.

Beautiful environments, ND really outdid themselves with this one. Hard to believe this was complete in what, a year? I love the dynamic between Chloe and Nadine, some lines fall a bit flat but it's quality all around most of the time. Funnily enough, the mix of exploration, puzzle solving and combat reminds me of old Tomb Raider games :)

Does the original Uncharted music score make a comeback? I really missed it U4.

The flashlight is volumetric now, and casts volumetric shadows for most things in the environment. This wasn't in UC4.

It's buggy though. I noticed if you skip certain cutscenes or restart certain checkpoints the volumetrics will be turned off.

Should be nice tech in TLOU 2. The flashlight is barely used in Lost Legacy.

They are showing off a bit too much in chapter 6, only chapter where performance was iffy :)

TLL is so meta, I love it. I think I'm close to the end, this has been one enjoyable ride so far.

Finished it : 9 hours 4 minutes of total awe, action, camaraderie and fun :D ! What a ride ! ND is back in the game :love: :love: :love: !
honestly I did not enjoy UC4 but this ......yes , ND is back in the game ! This is the Uncharted I was always a fan of ! Loved it :love: :D loved every moment of it :D ! Every mechanic tied in beautifully and was used for fun! And special congrats to all who made Ch 4 , such a well made and immensely immersive space. I really didn't want to leave !
To Naughty Dogs: How the hell did u guys make this in one year ?!??! :D and if u can really make this in one year : well, why stop my dear :D Make another ! This will help the gaming industry, the studio and gamers too. I really do not like how it takes almost 5 years now to get a AAA out. We are still waiting for our first GOW game and the gen is about to end already !!! Same for Last of US ! I dont want gens where we get onyl one iteration of a game. If this yearly thing can work, push hard on it ND and lets have this instead of one in forever ! at 9 hours, its anyways a full game.

Wont post any images for the sake of spoilers. Enjoy the game mates :love: !

TLL is so meta, I love it. I think I'm close to the end, this has been one enjoyable ride so far.
How are the camera and controls ? Similar to TLOU or UC4 ?

Because camera handling totally sucked in UC4 while it was great in TLOU.

Shock horror - I'm a bit MEH about it. Admittedly I only played the first hour or two maybe. But so far it's just same old same old and I don't really get any chemistry between Chloe and Nadine. At all. UC4 pulled me in with the marital drama. Here I'm just sitting and thinking "why should I care". I'll keep going.

How are the camera and controls ? Similar to TLOU or UC4 ?

Because camera handling totally sucked in UC4 while it was great in TLOU.

It's better than U4, Chloe is a bit more nimble than Nate too. But you can fix U4 by adjusting the sensitivity, it's just that's its better by default in TLL. And I just finished the game, incredible overall, I expect this to be in my GOTY list.
Shock horror - I'm a bit MEH about it. Admittedly I only played the first hour or two maybe. But so far it's just same old same old and I don't really get any chemistry between Chloe and Nadine. At all. UC4 pulled me in with the marital drama. Here I'm just sitting and thinking "why should I care". I'll keep going.

It gets better, Nadine is quite dry at the start, gets better as the game gets going, it won't win you over if you don't care about the characters though. I liked Nadine quite a bit in this, I think they developed her character nicely. The set pieces put U4 to shame, didn't expect that.

It's better than U4, Chloe is a bit more nimble than Nate too. But you can fix U4 by adjusting the sensitivity, it's just that's its better by default in TLL. And I just finished the game, incredible overall, I expect this to be in my GOTY list.
So they use the same camera handling but just changed the default settings ? Not good news for me. I tried adjusting sensitivity in UC4. It didn't fix things for me. Not a problem of sensitivity, the problem is the general camera acceleration assistance that isn't good. Too slow at first, then too fast.

Changing the sensitivity won't change the "Too slow then too fast", it'll just modify the general speed. Great for cinematic effect, but bad for gameplay.

Same here.

Back